Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. To keep workshop clean and tidy
2. To assist lecturers in all practical classes
3. Be responsible for tools, fittings and consumables
4. Log all tools and equipment in and out of the tool stores
5. To repair and maintain machines and tooling
6. Keep an inventory and stock of all tools, machines and fittings
7. To check that all the equipment is in a safe working order at all times
8. Liaise with Curriculum leaders in ordering of tools and fitting and consumables
9. Develop/maintain work areas and rigs
10. Liaise and comply with external insurance companies
11. Maintain workshops to meet Health and Safety requirements
12. Conduct Risk Assessments and Safe Working Practices
13. Plan and progress a series of jobs, keeping the line manager informed of activity
14. Attend and contribute to the section meetings
Other Duties and Responsibilities
a) Comply with internal and external quality standards and contribute to the College’s strategic aims.
b) Comply with college policies and procedures and health and safety regulations.
c) Support the safeguarding and promotion of students’ welfare.
d) Maintain confidentiality in relation to all College information and to comply with Data Protection Legislation.
e) Participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undertake any training as required.
f) Support and actively participate in the implementation of the College’s Equal Opportunity policies.
g) Demonstrable experience of and commitment to delivering excellent customer service.