William Clarke College is a P-12, independent, Anglican College and is committed to being a Christ-centred community that develops extraordinary learners with a passion to serve others. Established in 1988, William Clarke College is located in the heart of Kellyville with an enrolment of approximately 1600 students and plans for future expansion.
The College is committed to enhancing the expertise of our staff, placing a strong focus on individual professional development and seeks to provide leadership opportunities for our staff. We are a vibrant community that values passionate and committed teachers who engage, challenge and grow their students in their Christian faith, personal development and academic study.
The College is seeking a passionate, highly skilled TAS Teacher who is committed to delivering quality teaching and learning experiences that develop students as ‘extraordinary learners’. This new role responds to the growing popularity in TAS subjects and the exciting addition of our new, state of the art STEAM centre, due to open early 2020.
- Deliver quality teaching and learning experiences for students that develop deep understanding through exploring the ‘big ideas’ inherent in and across subject areas
- Build learning relationships through employing restorative practices
- Display a commitment to continued professional growth through self-reflection and further learning
- Deliver the TAS curricula in a dynamic way in the classroom, using initiative in bringing fresh and creative ideas to the curriculum
- Teaching Stage 5 & 6 Design and Technology and Stage 5 Industrial Technology (Engineering and Timber)
- Teaching Stage 4 mandatory TAS subjects
- Provide students with clear and fair assessment, including the provision of regular, meaningful feedback
- Preparedness to engage with the College’s four pillared teaching and learning framework, including safe and supportive environment, explicit instruction, deep understanding and assessment for learning
- A commitment to your own ongoing professional development and growth
- Show initiative in the integration of ICT into the learning program
- Prioritise safety in the classroom, including the preparation and communication of risk assessments with students
- Uphold the Christian teachings of the College, encouraging students to serve others and explore Christ
- Active participation in the College co-curricular program
Skills / Knowledge / Attributes
- Regularly practicing member of a Christian church
- Passion for Interdisciplinary and Project Based Learning
- A comprehensive knowledge of Design and Technology, Engineering and Industrial Technology (Timber) subject syllabus and assessment strategies
- HSC Marking experience, an advantage
- Work ethic reflecting a commitment to excellence in teaching
- Demonstrated passion for child-centred learning, and proven ability to effectively engage students, together with excellent classroom management skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with other teachers, and work as part of a team
- Excellent organisation and planning skills; must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities within strict deadlines
To apply for this role, submit your Cover Letter, CV and College Application form (which must form part o f your application) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
William Clarke College is a child safe workplace; all successful candidates will be subject to a Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Applications for this role close midday, Friday 23 August 2019