Role: Technology – Resistant Materials (Metal) Teacher
Employer: Waiopehu College
Contract: Full time, permanent
Start Date: 24.01.2022
Here’s Your Opportunity to Teach in New Zealand!
Waiopehu College, with a role of approximately 640 students, is a vibrant and successful co-educational secondary school in Levin, in the lower North Island of New Zealand. The college is looking for a dynamic teacher in the subject area of resistant materials with recent experience in teaching to senior students. The school’s inclusive school culture encourages students to participate and achieve in a range of leadership, sporting, arts and cultural activities within and outside the classroom.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-resourced department, with strong, established courses in all technology specialties.
The technology department has 4 teachers (2 hard materials, 1 soft materials and a DVC teacher) and 5 teaching spaces (2 hard materials workshops plus 3 rooms). The metal workshop is well equipped with 5 metal lathes, a small forge and casting pot, electric and gas welding equipment, drills and mills, 7 workbenches, hand tools, a small break and guillotine, and metal storage racks.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Have a PGCE in Design Technology
- You will have proven experience in teaching Resistant Materials (metal) to senior level;
- You may have experience in teaching Engineering as a subject to A-level/BTEC
- Demonstrate innovative practice in this curriculum area;
- Be proficient and experienced in using the appropriate technology equipment in a safe and supporting classroom environment.
- May hold an Engineering degree and work experience in this sector
Additionally, should the successful candidate have the right level of experience, this role has the opportunity to become a leadership position.
Levin has a great central location! Located 95km north of the capital city Wellington, Levin is a 10 minute drive to beaches, a lake and walking tracks in the Tararua Ranges – a great spot for those who love being outdoors. Levin has a population of 20,000 and has all the amenities you could ever need. The neighbouring Kapiti Coast is also a favourite destination for many with its beaches, cafes and attractive lifestyle options.
Please request an information and application pack by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference # 50260, or call Roslyn Bourke on +64 9 520 0363.
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of age 13 - 18 years