The Winpenny School is a British International School that first opened its doors in September 1992. Since then the school has gone from strength to strength and now has over 550 students from Kinder 1 to Grade 12. Currently, the school has over 60 teachers including many professionals recruited internationally from England, USA, Europe and Latin America.
Situated to the north west of Mexico City, in the borough of Cuajimalpa, Winpenny School’s Mexico City Campus offers modern and attractive facilities in a vibrant city setting. Winpenny provides the perfect opportunity for creative, innovative and passionate teachers who wish to be part of a diverse academic team committed to preparing today’s students to be tomorrow’s leaders. If you want to make a difference, whilst also developing your professional career and personal life experiences, then this is the place for you.
Our international curriculum is taught through the medium of English with Spanish subject material from the Mexican national curriculum woven into the programme. Winpenny students develop excellent communication skills in both English and Spanish and graduate more than prepared for competing in an increasingly globalized world. Winpenny is a friendly community with parents taking a keen interest in their children’s education. Winpenny children love their school, are well mannered and enthusiastic to learn.
Our concept-based curriculum has clear learning goals and incorporates best practices from a number of renowned international and national curricula from around the world. In grades 6 to 8 students largely follow the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) and in years 9 and 10 students follow the Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) programme. In years 11 and 12 students follow the rigorous IB Diploma programme.
The position of Technology teacher for secondary is an opportunity for a creative and innovative teacher who would enjoy the challenge of developing an internal technology programme for our secondary school students. The position would involve incorporating a design-thinking approach to technology and encouraging the development of coding and programming skills within the IMYC and Cambridge frameworks. The successful candidate would work alongside the school's digital coach and also encourage and support other staff in the effective use of technology.
We are keen to hear from Technology teachers who:
- hold a relevant first degree
- have a recognised teaching qualification
- have at least one, although preferably two or more years of relevant teaching experience
- speak English as a first language
- are passionate about teaching and enjoy working with young people
- enjoy the challenge of working in a new culture and who are willing to learn at least a functional level of Spanish
- have excellent communication skills
- are well organised
- like to take on board new ideas
- can work independently, as well as being able to work in a team
- are adaptable and flexible
- have a sense of humour and the ability to keep things in perspective
- have an excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- have refined an ability to teach online
- do not have a criminal record or any criminal convictions
Winpenny is committed to the social-emotional wellbeing, physical health and safety of its students. Our students should always feel comfortable and protected in their school. We believe that it is the responsibility of all adults at school to protect the rights of students enrolled in Winpenny and respond to any concerns of physical or mental harm. To this end, Winpenny applies national laws and statutory guidance related to child safety. Our employees must have a clean police record and are subject to thorough background checks. All our staff receive relevant training concerning the school’s Safeguarding Policy.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 16 years