Warden Park Primary Academy is committed to providing high quality learning for all children and seeks to appoint a temporary cover Pastoral Support Assistant for 27.5 hours a week to work in our Pastoral Support Unit to start as soon as possible. (Anticipated hours of work are 9am to 3pm daily – but this is negotiable).
(Applicants with previous experience and appropriate qualifications are desirable.)
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working with children;
- A good level of literacy and numeracy skills with at least a qualification at GCSE grade C or equivalent;
- The ability to establish and develop effective and supportive relationships with children;
- The ability to provide a good role model to children and a commitment to helping children achieve their potential;
- Good listening skills and the ability to communicate effectively with children, families, school staff and a range of other professionals;
- Knowledge and awareness of issues and factors related to underachievement and barriers to learning and participation;
- The ability to exercise initiative, work independently and flexibly and take responsibility for the delivery of intervention programmes;
- The ability to work effectively in a team and to work with individuals, institutions and organisations;
- The ability to communicate well through a variety of means.
We can offer you:
- Wonderful children who thrive in a high quality learning culture
- Skilled and friendly colleagues who strive to do the best for the children in their care;
- A strong ethos of care, respect and concern for each other.
This is an opportunity to join a friendly and supportive staff and make a real difference to the children in our school. The successful candidate will support children from across the school who have barriers to learning (social, emotional or behavioural). The unit has been extremely successful. Ofsted rates the behaviour of our children as ‘good’ and the quality of our work in this area has been recognised by the DfE.
If you would like to be considered for this post, please download an application pack available on our website www.wardenparkprimary.co.uk Please email your completed form to email@example.com Visits to our school are highly recommended and welcome by prior appointment with the school office 01444 451264.
Warden Park Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to DBS checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Please note: We advise applying promptly for this post as we reserve the right to close and interview early if sufficient suitable applications have been received.