We are looking for an innovative, dynamic teacher with a growth mindset and high expectations. This is an excellent opportunity to join our English faculty. Experience of teaching English Language and Literature to IB or A-Level would be essential. The successful candidate will teach classes in Key Stage 3 English, IGCSE and IB Language and Literature.
St Julian's is a well-resourced successful non-selective British international school with a reputation for academic excellence. We have highly motivated students and a hard-working and cosmopolitan staff. We are a school which believes in holistic education and expect our teachers to make active contributions to the pastoral and extracurricular life of the school.
We value skills-based learning along with meeting the rigorous requirements of the English National Curriculum, International GCSEs and IB Diploma. We seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. SJS provides a 1:1 iPad programme for students in Years 7 and 8 and uses Google Apps for Education as a learning platform.
The successful candidate must:
- Experience of teaching English Language and Literature to IB or A-Level
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice
- Have a growth-mindset looking to continually improve
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, colleagues and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within teams
- Have a strong learning-focused philosophy
- A working knowledge of GoogleApps and the confidence to work in Key stage 3 classrooms with iPads would be an advantage
- Be dedicated to the principles of holistic education
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A contract until June 2019 (with the possibility of extension)
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
Please complete our application form, including your CV and application letter. For additional queries, please contact Mrs Paula Soares at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 23rd November 2018. Interviews will be held by Skype in late November.
We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
St Julian’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).