St. James Primary School - BANORA POINT
Diocese of Lismore
St. James Catholic Learning Community Banora Point is seeking innovative, energetic educators with a commitment to the values and ethos of Catholic Education and student-centred learning. St. James’ School will have 355 students in 2019 who are educated by dedicated teachers and caring parents in a co-responsible manner. Banora Point is situated in Tweed Heads.
Applications are sought from suitably qualified persons for the following positions: TEMPORARY Full-Time Teaching Position commencing Term 1, 2019.
- Support the mission, teachings and ethos of the Catholic Church’s work in schools.
- Acknowledge and accept that your work in schools is part of the mission of the Catholic Church.
- Uphold the mission, teachings and ethos of the Catholic Church in Catholic Education.
- Provide for the learning, wellbeing and safety of students in your care.
- As a Teacher in NSW, meet the requirements of NESA.
- Hold a NSW Working With Children’s Check.
As a member of the school this position requires teachers to be highly motivated and enthusiastic, with a commitment to teamwork and to fostering a contemporary approach to learning. The successful candidate/s will meet the following criteria:
- A commitment to the Catholic faith through living out the values of the Church.
- Provide an environment that engages the learner.
- Present effective learning and teaching that supports diverse needs, whilst aspiring for continual improvement.
- Provide children with a safe, joyful and salutogenic learning environment.
- Ability to work in collaboration and cooperation with other educators.
- Proficient interpersonal skills and professionalism.
- An ability to follow and contribute to whole school process.
- Able to promote parent involvement and facilitate a sense of community.
Candidates are asked to provide a written application that addresses the following 5 statements (limited to 4 pages):
1. I bring my spirituality to my work through…
2. Learning is…
3. Through collaboration I have…
4. I promote 21st century learning by…
5. I need to come and join St. James School, Banora Point because…
The written application together with a 1 page cover letter, a personal and professional resume, service record, full academic documentation and names and phone numbers of three referees including a Parish Priest from your local place of worship is be to forwarded to:
Mr. Nicholas McTaggart
St. James Primary School
BANORA POINT NSW 2468
(or email) firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Friday October 26th, 2018 (4pm).
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening. St. James’ School is an equal opportunity employer.
Information on how to Register for Employment in the Lismore is available on the Catholic Schools Office website