DO YOU WANT TO PLAY A KEY PART IN THE DAY TO DAY SUPPORT OF OUR ACADEMY AND BE PART OF SOMETHING AMAZING?
We are looking for a Temporary Part Time Isolated Learning Officer (Fixed Term ASAP - 20/07/2021)
Grade D – Salary Points 9 - 11
Actual Salary per annum £9,553 - £9,940 per annum (£20,903 - £21,748 per annum full time equivalent)
Term Time Only - 20 hours per week (5 Days a week 4 hours per day)
Nunthorpe Academy is a very popular co-educational 11-19 comprehensive converter Academy with approximately 1550 students on roll - judged to be GOOD – and in ALL aspects - by OFSTED in April 2019.
By having a consistent member of staff in Isolated learning each morning, expectations and standards can remain high and unwavering every day of the week. The aim would be for this member of staff to lead opportunities for reflection and support students to modify their behaviours moving Isolated Learning from a punitive measure to something which does more than just deter poor behaviour.
To manage and maintain the resources which Isolated Learning require. This includes liaising with Heads of Department (or a nominated member of staff from that department) to ensure that the bank of work available remains in place, and matches the position on the department Curriculum Planning Model.
To ensure that students in Isolated Learning between lessons 1 and 4 are booked in, registered and have appropriate class work. This post will be essential in setting a tone which is conducive to quietly working independently whilst reflecting on student behaviour.
See Post profile for all tasks for this role.
What can you offer Nunthorpe?
• Do you possess excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills with excellent multi-tasking abilities?
• Are you proactive and committed, and have a meticulous attention to detail, and a strong work ethic?
• Previous experience of working in the Public Sector in services such as the Police, Social Care etc.
• You will be required to undertake first aid training and take part in the first aid rota
The successful candidate will:
Have a flexible approach to the working day will be required in order to ensure appropriate cover for the School’s requirements. There will also be a requirement to cover other tasks as identified from time-to-time in support of Academy needs, as required by the of Head of School.
What can Nunthorpe offer you?
• An innovative role with the scope for additional responsibilities and ‘whole Academy’ based projects for those applicants with sufficient initiative, talent, drive, commitment and passion.
• A specific induction programme and exciting opportunities
• A clear and purposeful role - HUGELY valued by staff, students, parents and our community
Do you think you could be part of our team, contribute to our ongoing success and inspire our students, parents and your colleagues?
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to DBS checks and excellent references.
If so please download an application pack from our TES website www.tes.com by Monday 18 January 2021. We look forward to hearing from you!
Redcar and Cleveland
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years