Working as part of a small team, you will assist the cooks in the provision of a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene in the school kitchen. This will involve daily operation of the dishwasher machine and general cleaning duties and setting up/cleaning down the servery and dining room.
• Prepare and load the dishwashing machine.
• Operate, unload and stack items in a safe manner.
• Use appropriate cleaners and maintain the dishwashers in a serviceable condition
• Provide an excellent standard of customer service at all times.
• Ensure the cleanliness of the stores & that all purchases are stored in strict rotation.
• Relieving & assisting the catering staff from time to time with duties as requested such as vegetable preparation, furniture moving etc.
• Report any faulty equipment to the Head Cook.
• Assisting in the checking of deliveries to include temperature checks
• Clearing and cleaning of all service, floors, preparation and eating areas, utensils and equipment
• Maintaining high standards of hygiene and service, including personal appearance and dress, as appropriate to a food hygiene area.
• Maintaining professional standards and conduct throughout the kitchen.
• Attend all Health and Safety meetings and ensure H&S standards are followed throughout.
• Co-operating with all catering staff and undertaking such duties in the kitchen/service areas as requested, to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered consistently.
Wootton Park School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Offer of a position is subject to receiving satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note we do not accept CVs and references will be applied for at the shortlisting stage.
We maintain the right to close the application process early or later if necessary.