Full time, temporary position for a KS2 teacher
Days Lane Primary School is a popular three form entry school with an inclusive, caring and stimulating learning environment. We offer high standards in education, have wonderful children who have a love of learning, dedicated staff and strong partnerships with parents. We believe in developing pupils with the skills to be lifelong learners through our broad, balanced and creative curriculum. The school is well-resourced and we are fortunate to have plenty of outdoor space for outdoor learning, including Forest School.
We are looking to appoint a full time temporary teacher for KS2, until July 2020. The successful candidate will have a genuine passion for teaching and drive to make a difference to children’s lives. The position would suit an experienced teacher, who will benefit from a personalised induction, support and ongoing professional development.
The successful candidate will:
• Be excellent practitioner or have the potential to become one
• Have high expectations of all children and be able to inspire and motivate
• Be able to work collaboratively as a member of a team
• Be willing to contribute to the wider life of the school
We can offer you:
• Effective professional development opportunities
• PPA time with year group colleagues, covered by sports and music specialists
• Shared cohort planning
• A determination to create a positive work-life balance for all staff
• A vibrant school with high standards and expectations
• Children who are happy, responsive and eager to learn
• We are able to offer access to a range of additional benefits in the Bexley ‘My Choice’ scheme, which includes savings on well-being and medical cover, travel, cinema and shopping.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of our children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks. The school is also committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and highly recommended. Further details are available from the Headteacher’s PA, Ms Mendy on Tel: 0208 300 1697.
Completed application forms should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on Wednesday 16 October
Appointments may be made before the deadline of this advertisement should a suitable candidate be found.