KS2 Teacher: Parental Leave cover (2.5 days class teaching; 2.5 days ‘booster classes’ and small group interventions).
Start date: 26/2/18 End date: July 2018 - on return of member of staff on shared parental leave.
Salary: Main Scale
We are looking for a KS2 teacher to join our friendly, caring team where everyone is committed to achieving the best outcomes for all pupils.
Wisewood Primary School is a smaller than average primary school (NOR: 179) in north Sheffield. The school is at the heart of its community and is part of the Tapton School Academy Trust. Tapton is an ‘Outstanding’ secondary school in Sheffield and the Academy Trust is establishing itself within the city.
Membership of the Academy Trust provides a range of opportunities for partnership working and continuing professional development with an outstanding secondary school and a network of primary schools within the locality. We are all working together to establish really effective practice for the benefit of every child.
The role is to cover parental leave and will involve 2.5 days teaching in a KS2 class and 2.5 days delivering booster classes and small group interventions for identified pupils.
· Passionate about teaching and learning?
· A consistently good to outstanding teacher?
· A teacher who develops learning opportunities in a creative, innovative way?
· Committed to developing the basic skills throughout the curriculum?
· Determined to make a difference to children's learning and achievement?
· Motivated and positive, with the ability to motivate others?
· Keen to take on new ideas and opportunities?
· Excellent at managing pupils’ behaviour and promoting positive relationships?
· A practitioner who is able to form effective relationships with staff, parents, governors and the wider community?
We can offer you:
· A friendly, caring and inclusive school with the children at the centre of everything we do.
· A dedicated and supportive team which champions children's well-being
· A supportive and pro-active governing body
· A genuine commitment to CPD
· Excellent links with other local schools and the opportunity to work with supportive, skilled professionals within the Forge Valley Family of Schools and Locality G
· Support from a full time learning mentor and Senior Behaviour Worker.
· Teaching Assistant support every morning.
We warmly welcome and encourage visits to the school from prospective candidates.
The successful candidate should have the ability to converse at ease with members of the public and students and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential to the role
Application forms and further information regarding the role (including a job description) can be obtained by contacting the school or from the school website: www.wisewood-pri.sheffield.sch.uk
Completed applications should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not use the Local Authority application form.
Wisewood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the interests of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
References for short-listed candidates will be requested before the interview.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Closing date: 25/1/18
Start date: 26/2/18