Learning Support Assistant - Level 2
Contract: Temporary (Maternity cover); 2 Terms
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:45am – 3:15pm; 30 hours per week
Work Pattern: Term Time only
Salary: Scale 2 Points 3 - 4
Interview Date: 19th November 2019
Laurel Lane Primary School is proud to be an inclusive school. We provide a high quality, creative and challenging education within a secure, caring and happy environment, where every child experiences a sense of enjoyment and is encouraged to achieve their full potential through a love of learning.We are a warm welcoming and supportive school, where a great emphasis is placed on all round personal development, as well as academic progress.
We currently have 2 vacancies for a Learning Support Assistant to join our busy teaching team from January 2020.
Some of the main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and providing particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes.
- Using strategies, in liaison with the teacher, to support pupils to achieve learning goals.
- Assisting with the planning of learning activities.
- Providing detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievement, progress, problems etc.
- Promoting good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- Contributing to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
You will also be required to participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
If you believe you are the right candidate to fit this role, then please do not hesitate to apply now!
CVs will not be accepted and previous applicants need not apply.