Do you . . .
- Believe that teaching and learning should be fun?
- Enjoy working as part of a committed, child-focused team?
- Understand that children are people, not numbers – and believe that even schools with strong academic results can still treat children thoughtfully, kindly and as individuals?
Our small, friendly and successful primary school needs an experienced teacher to provide non-contact cover for the spring term initially, with the possibility of extension in the summer term. We are looking for someone to work Wednesday to Friday, across three or four classes ranging from Early Years to Year 5. The post is offered on a temporary contract and is therefore not suitable for an NQT.
Our happy, well-resourced school is conveniently located just five minutes’ walk from Canary Wharf and we are a cheerful team serving well-behaved children who are keen to learn. We work together with a common purpose – to ensure that school is a stimulating and exciting experience for our children every day, and that every child is properly supported to do the very best they can.
Our new colleague will:
· Have high expectations and pay attention to the detail of children’s individual social and learning needs;
· Have a genuine commitment to the celebration of diversity;
· Enjoy working from first principles, not worksheets.
The leadership team is experienced and well-established, and we are absolutely committed to ongoing staff development. The school is graded ‘good’ by Ofsted.
Further information and an application form may be downloaded from the school's website: www.sevenmills.towerhamlets.sch.uk. For an informal conversation about this post with the headteacher, Mike Hirst, or to arrange a visit to the school, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com