HILLCREST VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS
Hillcrest International Schools is a leading British Curriculum School located in Nairobi, Kenya, with an established status in the region’s educational sphere. It comprises three schools; Hillcrest Early Years, Hillcrest Preparatory and Hillcrest Secondary. More information about the school is available on our website at www.hillcrest.ac.ke. We are seeking to fill the full-time position of Head of Faculty – Modern Foreign Languages at the Secondary School for the 2017-2018 Academic year
Role Summary: The Head of Faculty – Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) will have overall responsibility for the professional leadership and management of the department in order to ensure high standards of teaching and learning are delivered, resources are used efficiently and effectively and the MFL curriculum is managed and developed in accordance with school policy. This role reports to the Head Teacher via the designated line manager.
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the department, recruiting, inducting, developing, deploying, motivating and appraising members of the department to ensure that they have clear expectations of their roles, and that high performance standards are achieved and maintained.
- Promote excellence in teaching and learning to ensure all pupils develop their potential and are equipped for life beyond school.
- Monitor and control the department’s allocated budget and purchasing arrangements, to ensure the efficient and effective use of all resources.
- Ensure that within the department individual pupil progress is regularly assessed, recorded and reported and used to inform future teaching.
- Teach Spanish up to A level standard and actively promote interest in the subject. Ability to teach French up to A level standard is highly desirable.
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual pupils and of any class or group of pupils assigned to her/him.
1. Qualified Teacher status. Spanish (essential) and French (desired).
2. Good honours languages degree
3. Ability to teach both Spanish (essential) and French (desired) to A level standard.
4. Experience as a Spanish/French teacher from KS3-5and Spanish/French A level and GCSE for at least 2 cycles.
5. Experience of a management role e.g. as deputy Head of Department and the ability to lead and manage people to work towards a common goal as well as make sound decisions. Teamwork: the ability to work collaboratively with others.
Send an application letter detailing your relevant experience and teaching philosophy together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae including names and contacts of three referees to email@example.com no later than 21 December 2016. This position offers a competitive remuneration package.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Hillcrest International Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students; Successful candidates will be subjected to thorough screening to ascertain suitability to work with children.
For more details about the position please go to http://www.hillcrest.ac.ke/work-with-us/