Aga Khan Academy, Hyderabad, India
We look for outstanding educators whose work is characterised by passion, the ability to inspire others, excited by the opportunity to make a difference and committed to helping young people find their grand passion in life! Set on a beautiful 100-acre campus south of the historic city of Hyderabad, the Aga Khan Academy is part of a network of Academies which will eventually form an inter-connected global learning community of 18 schools in 14 countries. Based on the vision of His Highness the Aga Khan, the Academy deliberately recruits young people from a diversity of backgrounds and irrespective of their ability to pay. Our holistic approach enables young people to become ethical leaders empowered to make a positive contribution in a changing world. Children’s needs are at the heart of the Academy’s focus and high quality pastoral care is paramount.
Theatre Arts Teacher
We are looking for an experienced educator who can bring energy, innovation and flair to this role – someone who will relish the opportunity to work imaginatively in a diverse and creative context. We are looking for someone who is able to:
• Authentically share their love for theatre arts and inspire the same in students and colleagues.
• Encourage an appreciation of the theatre arts from a variety of performance practices, genres, movements or styles across time, place and culture.
• Promote active engagement with the artistic process through continuous investigation, planning, goal setting, rehearsing, performing, reflection and evaluation.
• Inspire students to master the language of drama, the production elements, and their interplay through dramatic and creative writing.
• Use technology for planning processes and methods of structuring the actual “making of drama” such as brainstorms, storyboards, scripts, rehearsal schedules and techniques
• Promote creative thinking through storyboarding narratives, designing sets and props, interpreting text visually, improvisation and creating collaborative projects and creative writing.
• Contextualise learning through real world links to address a particular theme, concern or issue within a context.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues across the faculty to create vibrant and dynamic opportunities for the academy community to engage with theatre arts.
Teachers at the Aga Khan Academy are expected to:
1. Be committed to the vision of the Academy and our distinct educational philosophy.
2. Be enthusiastically involved in the Academy’s Enrichment Programme.
3. Play an active role in the residential life of a thriving school community which values and celebrates the diversity of its staff and students.
A good degree in an appropriate specialized subject. Experience with the IB and of working successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
The Aga Khan Academy, Hyderabad
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 6 - 18 years