Permanent Teaching Assistant Level 2 – Therapeutic Intervention Worker
Hillsborough Primary School
Required: 1st September 2019
Salary: Grade 3 SCP 5 – 6 £18,795 - £19,171 (Pro rata)
Hours & Weeks: 32.5 Hours per week – 39 weeks per year
The governors of Hillsborough Primary School are seeking to appoint a Level 2 Teaching Assistant to work throughout school with children from 3 – 11 as part of the Inclusion Team. We are looking for someone who has had experience of or has an interest in working with vulnerable pupils to support their social, emotional and mental well-being through targeted interventions.
Hillsborough Primary school is a Member of Tapton School Academy Trust. The Trust have a shared vision to ‘realise the life chances and dreams of every child’. Our mission is to provide a safe place to be, provide great teaching and learning and create an environment where all opportunities are within reach. Membership provides a range of opportunities for collaborative working and continuing professional development with a network of secondary and primary schools within the locality.
You will need to have:
• Excellent inclusive practice
• Demonstrate evidence of working successfully with vulnerable children
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills as evidenced by at least GCSE or equivalent Level C standard in these subjects, having at least an NVQ Level 2 (a Teaching Assistant equivalent qualification is desirable)
• Supported the educational, social, emotional or mental well-being of children in a former capacity.
• The ability to work as part of a team and to also be able to demonstrate a high level of personal organisation.
• Evidence of reflective practice
• Knowledge and understanding of child development
• Knoweldge and understanding of therapeutic approaches
• Experience of working within a school setting.
We can offer you:
• Staff with a vision of excellence for the future
• Children who love learning and want to achieve
• A high level of community involvement
• A well-resourced and stimulating environment
• A strong emphasis on teamwork
• High quality CPD opportunities
If you are interested in this post, please see Mrs Wileman, Headteacher, for an application form or visit the school website on www.hillsborough.sheffield.sch.uk School visits are welcomed.
Closing date for the applications: Thursday 20th June 2019
Shortlisting: Monday 24th June 2019
Interviews: Friday 28th June 2019
Hillsborough Primary School and Nurseries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the interests of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
References for short-listed candidates will be requested before the interview.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure