We are seeking an Assistant Teacher to work five mornings per week (8.00am – 1.15pm), during the summer term to cover a maternity leave situation. It may become a permanent solution. The applicant will be supporting the class teacher in the delivery of education as well as leading playtime activities for pupils. He/she will be also expected to attend our Inset days (5 per year).
Our school is committed to inclusion and equal opportunities. Our school population is diverse and we are dedicated to ensuring our school is a place where everyone feels welcome and all our children can feel like they belong. Our inclusive teaching practices ensure that Thomson House is a school where children can achieve their best.
The successful candidate will:
- Be part of a teaching team which delivers challenging and creative lessons and provides an outstanding learning environment;
- Support pupils to learn effectively as directed by the classroom teacher and senior leaders;
- Be aware of best practices in safeguarding and pastoral care of the pupils;
- Lead games activities for pupils at playtime.
- Take some responsibility for individual pupils and groups of pupils;
- Participate in all aspects of school life.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a dedicated and reliable professional committed to our ethos and keen to get involved in all aspects of school life;
- Have the energy, resourcefulness and initiative to be part of a dedicated team;
- Have some experience of children of primary school age;
- Be a role model, showing positive relations with children;
- Have a minimum of 5 GCSEs (English & Maths grade B or above) or equivalent.
In exchange, we offer a competitive salary, excellent professional development and the unique opportunity to be part of a passionate and dedicated team with an ethos of high standards and community spirit.
You need to complete the application form and include a supporting letter of not more than one side outlining your motivation and relevant experience. Please email your letter and completed application form to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 12th April 2021 at 12 noon.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 15th / Friday 16th April 2021
THS is committed to safe recruitment practices and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Thomson House School
Richmond upon Thames
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years