Trainer Assessor – Electrical Engineering
Closing Date: Wednesday 26th April 2017
Interview Date: TBC
Salary: Up to £27,858 depending on experience
Nelson and Colne College are an Ofsted Outstanding College with an excellent local reputation. We are looking for a Trainer Assessor, specialising in Electrical Engineering, to join our talented, learner focused team.
Working with learners placed in businesses across Lancashire, the successful candidate will be committed to work-based learning provision, with an appreciation of the fact that the role of an Assessor can make a massive difference to the life choices our learners will have in the future.
Supporting a caseload of learners through their qualifications, the successful candidate will have a “hands-on” approach; coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new Standards.
This vacancy has arisen due to enormous growth in this subject area. We will consider applications on a part-time or job share basis.
The main duties include:
· Delivering all programmes offered by the Business Unit in Electrical Engineering
· Identifying and facilitating the placement of students in order to ensure that both student and employer needs are met
· Being involved in the internal verification process of assessment
· Planning and recording student training plans
· Coaching and guiding students through their qualifications in line with the new Standards
· Ensuring pro-active and effective liaison with appropriate organisations and the wider community, to the benefit of the College
The ideal candidate will:
· Have an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an Electrical Engineering based discipline, plus an A1 Award
· Demonstrate previous experience of delivery and assessment of qualifications in Electrical Engineering
· Possess current commercial knowledge/industrial experience
· Display a positive and enthusiastic attitude
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website –and complete the online application process.
We look forward to hearing from you.