We have an exciting opportunity for a Trainer / Assessor for Construction (Brickwork) to join our Apprenticeships & Commercial Training team. This opportunity will allow you to pass on your Construction/Brickwork experience, ideas, knowledge and skills to young people in order to help support them in improving their own skills and attributes.
As a Trainer / Assessor for Construction (Brickwork), you will deliver high quality training to individuals and groups and assess learners in their place of work and College to meet National Occupational Standards within the Construction industry.
We are looking for a qualified Construction/Brickwork professional, who is enthusiastic about working with young people, adults and employers, has a passion for Construction and can inspire young people to help them achieve their goals. Experience of assessing NVQ’s would be desirable.
As a Trainer / Assessor for Construction (Brickwork) you should:
• Be qualified to Advanced Craft level in Construction – Brickwork
• Hold GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
• Have a Full Driving Licence and own transport/or access to transport
• Have current practical experience within Construction industry specifically Brickwork
You should also be able to demonstrate:
• The ability to motivate students
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• The ability to work with employers to grow business
• Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
• Personal and Professional Development Opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
• Discounted Metro Card Scheme
• Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
• Good Pension Scheme
• Access to employee assistance programme
• A wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 14 October 2019.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.