Trainer Assessor – Outdoor Activity
Salary: Up to £24,479.44 depending on experience
Closing Date: Tuesday 10th December 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Nelson and Colne College has a long standing and excellent reputation as an outstanding Further Education College. We are looking for an Outdoor Activity Trainer Assessor to join our talented and learner focused Business Unit team working full time on a fixed term basis until June 2020
Working with learners placed in schools across Lancashire, the successful candidates will be committed to work-based learning provision, with an appreciation of the fact that the role of a Trainer Assessor can make a massive difference to the life choices our learners will have in the future. Supporting a caseload of learners through their qualifications, the successful candidate will have a “hands-on” approach; coaching and demonstrating best practice for the delivery of the Forest School qualification in line with the new Standards.
Main duties include:
• Deliver all elements of relevant Business Unit programmes including: training, mentoring, learner reviews, timely feedback and assessment
• Deal with student recruitment, admission and induction procedures
• Be involved in student, College and company inductions
• Take a “hands-on” approach with students, coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new Standards
• Conduct initial assessment of student needs
• Maintain accurate student records
• Identify and facilitate the placement of students in order to ensure that both student and employer needs are met
• Plan and record students’ training plans
The ideal candidates will have:
• GCSE grade C or equivalent qualification in both Maths and English
• NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject
• An assessing qualification
• Current commercial/industrial experience
• Experience of delivery and assessment of qualifications in a relevant subject area
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete the online application process.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
We look forward to hearing from you.