Trainer Assessor – School Business Manager
Salary: Up to £25,096.63 per annum depending on experience
Hours: 37 per week – however, part time hours will be considered
Site: Accrington & Rossendale College
Closing Date: Midnight – Friday 24 December 2021
Interview Date: TBC
‘Would you like to be part of a team that aims to create the extraordinary?’
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College.
Together the Group forms a Sixth Form, Skills and Technology Centre, University Centre, employer training and adult learning provider delivering exceptional teaching and learning to all ages and at all levels.
The Exciting Role
We are looking to appoint a full time Trainer Assessor- School Business Manager to join our talented and learner focused Business Unit Apprenticeship team on a permanent basis, working 37 hours per week (however, part time hours will be considered). This role will be based at our Accrington & Rossendale College campus with travel expected for employer/learner visits across Lancashire.
Working with learners placed in education across Lancashire, the successful candidate will be committed to apprenticeship provision, with an appreciation of the fact that the role of a Trainer/Assessor can make a massive difference to the life choices our learners will have in the future. Supporting a caseload of learners through the School Business Manager Apprenticeship programme, the successful candidate will have experience of working within a school setting sharing their vast amount of knowledge and experiences to support, coach, mentor and demonstrate best practice in line with the new School Business Managers standards.
What You Will Be Doing
• Supporting individuals in the schools setting where they are developing to become or enhancing their skills for the role of a School Business Manager
• Delivering all elements of the School Business Manager apprenticeship programme including: training, mentoring, timely assessment and feedback.
• Manage your caseload of learners and support individuals’ skills development in the schools setting, managing expectations thorough effective reviews taking place on a 12 week basis with employers
• Coaching, mentor and demonstrate best practice in line with the new Standards and skills, knowledge and behaviours
• Conduct initial assessment of learners and employer needs to create an individualised learning plan
• Maintain accurate learner records and training plans/assessments through our electronic portfolio
• Establish and maintain good relationships with employers and learners
What We Are Looking For:
• Substantial experience, knowledge and understanding of school business management
• Have a thorough understanding of the Professional Standards for school business management and leadership
• NVQ Level 4 or above /Standard or equivalent qualification in the relevant qualification(desirable)
• A1 qualification (desirable- must be willing to work towards)
• V1 or equivalent qualification (desirable)
• Teaching qualification (desirable- must be willing to work towards)
• Experience of delivery and assessment of qualifications (desirable)
What We Offer in Return:
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave allowance including a two-week closure over the Christmas period
• A range of health and wellbeing benefits and support
• Staff recognition scheme, including long service awards
• Fantastic family friendly policies
• Free on-site parking on all College sites
• Please visit our ‘working for us’ section of our website for a full list of our benefits https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/working-for-us/benefits/
How to Apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Take me to the Application form: https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/application-form/
Further questions: please contact our friendly HR Team on email@example.com
*Although this role closes on 24 December 2021, the College will be closed for the Christmas break. Therefore, it is expected that the shortlisting process will take place w/c 3 January 2022.
*All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
Nelson and Colne College, located in the town of Nelson, Lancashire, offers further education to 1,600 full-time students and 3,500 part-time adults. The college was founded during the reorganisation of education in Pendle in the early 1970s and crea...