Trainer Assessor Senior Healthcare Support Worker
Salary: Up to £24,390.78 per annum depending on experience
Hours: 37 per week
Site: Accrington & Rossendale College
Closing Date: Midnight – Monday 11th October
Interview Date: TBC
‘Would you like to be part of a team that aims to create the extraordinary?’
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College.
Together the Group forms a Sixth Form, Skills and Technology Centre, University Centre, employer training and adult learning provider delivering exceptional teaching and learning to all ages and at all levels.
The Exciting Role
We are looking to appoint a full time Trainer Assessor- Senior Healthcare Support Worker to join our talented and learner focused Business Unit Apprenticeship team on a permanent basis, working 37 hours per week. This role will be based at our Accrington & Rossendale College campus.
Working with learners placed in hospitals across Lancashire, the successful candidate will be committed to work-based learning provision, with an appreciation of the fact that the role of a Trainer/Assessor can make a massive difference to the life choices our learners will have in the future. Supporting a caseload of learners through their qualifications, the successful candidate will have a “hands-on” approach; coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new Senior Healthcare Support Worker Standards.
This role will be based at our Accrington and Rossendale College site, however, travel across sites may be required.
What You Will Be Doing
• Deliver all elements of the Senior Healthcare worker programme including: training, mentoring, learner reviews with employers, timely assessment and feedback
• Deal with apprenticeship recruitment and enrolments
• Be involved in apprenticeship, College and company inductions
• Take a “hands-on” approach with students, coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new Standards
• Conduct initial assessment of student needs
• Maintain accurate student records and training plans/assessments through our e-portfolio
• Identify and facilitate the placement of students in order to ensure that both student and employer needs are met
• Establish and maintain good relationships with employers
What We Are Looking For:
• NVQ Level 3 or above /Standard or equivalent qualification in the relevant subject -Healthcare (with clinical experience- working in hospitals/on the wards essential)
• A1 qualification
• V1 or equivalent qualification and a teaching qualification (desirable)
• Current industry experience
• Experience of delivery and assessment of qualifications
What We Offer in Return:
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave allowance including a two-week closure over the Christmas period
• A range of health and wellbeing benefits and support
• Staff recognition scheme, including long service awards
• Fantastic family friendly policies
• Free on-site parking on all College sites
• Please visit our ‘working for us’ section of our website for a full list of our benefits https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/working-for-us/benefits/
How to Apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Take me to the Application form: https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/application-form/
Further questions: please contact our friendly HR Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note we only accept applications submitted via our website*
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
Accrington and Rossendale College
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 14+ years
Accrington and Rossendale College is a mixed, further education college in Lancashire that accepts students aged 14 and over. Vocational education is the college’s main focus, offering courses such as construction, media and design, hospitality, spor...