Trainer Assessors – Health and Social Care (1 x FTE, 1 X 0.5)
Salary: Up to £24,229.44 per annum depending on experience (pro rata if part time)
Closing Date: Wednesday 16th January 2019
Interview Date: Friday 1st February 2019
Nelson and Colne College are an Ofsted Outstanding College with an excellent local reputation. We are looking for two Health and Social Care Trainer Assessors to join our talented and learner focused Business Unit team. One Trainer Assessor will be appointed on a full time basis, the other on a part-time 0.5 basis.
Working with learners placed in businesses across Lancashire who primarily care for adults, the successful candidates will be committed to work-based learning provision, with an appreciation of the fact that the role of a Trainer Assessor can make a massive difference to the life choices our learners will have in the future. Supporting a caseload of learners through their qualifications, the successful candidate will have a “hands-on” approach; coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new Standards.
Main duties include:
· Deliver all elements of relevant Business Unit programmes including: training, mentoring, learner reviews, timely feedback and assessment
· Deal with student recruitment, admission and induction procedures
· Be involved in student, College and company inductions
· Take a “hands-on” approach with students, coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new Standards
· Conduct initial assessment of student needs
· Maintain accurate student records
· Identify and facilitate the placement of students in order to ensure that both student and employer needs are met
· Plan and record students’ training plans
The ideal candidate will have:
· NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject (Health and Social Care)
· A1 qualification
· V1 or equivalent qualification and a teaching qualification (desirable)
· Current commercial/industrial experience
· Experience of delivery and assessment of qualifications (Health and Social Care, with a focus on providing adult care and/or care to those with disabilities)
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete the online application process.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
We look forward to hearing from you.