Training Team Manager
'Everyone who needs it should receive first aid from those around them. No one should suffer for the lack of trained first aiders.'
About the Role
You will be responsible for line managing, organising, motivating and developing a team of Trainers to ensure the delivery of courses for external customers at the required standard in multiple locations across a dispersed area. Ensure the effective delivery of both workplace and community training courses. Work with relevant colleagues and stakeholders to resolve issues, coordinate implementation of initiatives, engage with community and workplace customers, and ensure that training delivered is of the required standard, at the right time and cost effective.
- Must have right to work in the UK
- Must have experience of playing a leadership role in the management of a successful team
- Must have experience of successfully developing, motivating and training people in a dispersed team
- Must have experience of working in a quality driven, customer focused and commercial environment
- Expertise in First Aid or health and safety training
- CTLLS or CILD / Level 4 Training Qualifications and recognised assessor qualification would also be a distinct advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Able to use and apply technology effectively, including MS Office applications at intermediate levels
- This role includes regional travel, so you must have a car/consistent public transport.
- As you will be visiting SJA training sites as well as client sites, you must be well organised and motivated.
- St John Ambulance is the nation’s leading first aid charity. Every year, 400,000 people learn how to save a life through our training programmes, including hundreds of thousands of young people. First aid is such a simple skill, but it has an incredible impact. We want everyone to learn it, so that they can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.
- To achieve this, we provide a wide range of products and services to the community such as our workplace and community training, first aid support at events and our vital work with the emergency services with our ambulance operations. We generate around £100m per annum which we reinvest in delivering and campaigning for better access to first aid for everyone. By doing this, we can give people access to important skills that they wouldn’t otherwise get the chance to learn.
- We are also passionate about campaigning to raise awareness of first aid so that everyone has access to life saving knowledge through our award-winning ad campaigns such as "The Chokeables" which is credited with saving at least 54 babies lives and recently won the Charity Film of the Year Award 2017.
Working at St John Ambulance - More than one way to save a life
We are a constantly evolving team of over 2,500 employees and 15,000 volunteers, together we’re united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, first aid training and campaigning, to ensure that no one suffers from the lack of first aiders.
We believe that every team member is key to our success whether they work in Ambulance Operations, Marketing, Training or HR and our values of Humanity, Excellence, Accountability, Responsiveness and Team Work are embedded in everything we do.
We believe in setting our people up for success in a collaborative and positive environment where we are constantly open to change and new ideas.
Closing Date: 6 June 2018
Interview date: 25 June 2018