Are you looking for your next challenge? The Primary Inclusion Team have secured funding to deliver a new Year 6 to Year 7 Transition Project working in collaboration with secondary schools, in order to help reduce exclusions and support the vulnerable pupils in Salford. If you are an outstanding secondary school teacher and you have a passion for working with pupils with SEMH needs then you might be the person to lead on this project.
The Primary Inclusion Team was established in 2015 and over the past 4 years has earned a reputation across Salford schools for partnership, inclusion and challenge. If you would like to be part of this successful team and help shape the future of the service, we want to hear from you.
The appointed person will:
• Have a secure understanding of the reasons that some pupils have difficulty accessing mainstream education and in transitioning from primary to secondary school;
• Have excellent communication skills, and be able to promote a new service.
• Have the ability to develop high quality relationships with primary and secondary school staff and be confident in having supporting and challenging conversations with senior leaders in mainstream schools;
• Have a creative and innovative approach to help develop a new service within Salford;
• Have experience of delivering high quality and engaging training;
• Have a good level of resilience, self-reflection and humour.
In return we can offer a highly skilled and inclusive team to work with and a commitment to professional development.
Only applicants from experienced teachers with KS3 experience will be considered. Visits to meet the lead teachers are very welcome. If you would like to speak to a member of the team and/or visit, please contact Sarah and Steve at PITreferrals.@salford.gov.uk. The team are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children and we expect all stakeholders to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 18th October 2019
Interviews: 29th/30th October 2019
We thank you for your interest. If you have not been contacted by the 21st October then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.