Trust Lead Mathematics
Reports to: CEO
Start date: 1 September 2021
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000, depending on experience
The Trust Lead for Mathematics will promote and implement strategies for improving attainment in Mathematics across the Trust. Working in partnership with the CEO, other Trust Leads, Principals, Heads of Department and Aldridge staff, the role involves a strategic overview of the subject across the Trust, involvement in planning and school improvement, alongside day to day involvement with Mathematics departments.
- Qualified to degree level and above
- Qualified to teach in the UK
- Able to teach as a subject specialist to at least GCSE level, preferably A level, in Mathematics as a specialism
- Outstanding teacher
- Proven record in delivering outstanding attainment and progress in Mathematics
- Experience in identifying, implementing, monitoring and evaluating effective strategies for improving attainment in Mathematics
- Experience in establishing strategic interventions of Mathematics across a number of departments or schools
- Experience in leading, coaching and mentoring Mathematics teachers, as well as delivering staff training
Knowledge and skills
- Up to date knowledge of the current Mathematics curriculum and assessment requirements
- Self-motivated and resilient
- Effective team worker and leader
**See recruitment pack for further information
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and application form ensuring that you demonstrate how your experience and skills make you suitable for the position by Sunday 11 April 2021 to HR@aldridgeeducation.org.
Our aim is to ensure that we recruit the right person for the job. We will ensure that the selection process is fair and without discrimination for or against any candidate based on age, ethnicity, sex, marital status, or sexual orientation. The person specification sets out the criteria used to assess candidates through the selection process.
We are committed to safeguarding our pupils and will assess the candidate’s suitability for working with children as part of the selection process. We will check the accuracy of all information and investigate any perceived anomalies. We take up references prior to the interview and use these to verify the information you have given us. Firm offers of employment are never made without satisfactory references. All potential employees are subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Candidates who best meet the person specification will be invited to an interview. Interviews and associated assessment activities are likely to be conducted Wednesday 21 April 2021. Our successful candidate will join us in September 2021. The interviews will be held at Duke’s Aldridge Academy (Trulock Rd, London N17 0PG). The interview will consist of assessment activities and a formal interview. These are designed to allow you to demonstrate your skills and abilities. You will be asked to bring proof of qualifications and identity on the first day.
- English secondary schools
In joining an Aldridge school you’ll be joining a family who share a strong sense of values. We are passionate about attaining the highest standards of achievement and welfare for all of our students. We...