The David Ross Education Trust is looking for a dynamic and inspirational Trust wide lead for English across our Primary academies.
If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative, open-minded, and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you. See what it means to be part of the David Ross Education trust from our children and parents here.
Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. The education our students’ receive equips them with the confidence to become outstanding citizens. We are setting high standards to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering world class education alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create helps fuel ambition and unlock potential. See moresummer and Winter Cups, Music Cup.
We work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the Trust’s vision, to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary circa £50 – 60k depending on experience
- Access to excellent contributory Pension Scheme
- Health Care
- Cycle Scheme
- Eye Care
- Other benefits
About the role
- Do you want to improve the life chances of young people?
- Do you have an unwavering determination for all students to achieve their full potential?
- Are you an outstanding teacher in your specialist subject?
- Do you have a proven track record of successfully leading your subject specialism resulting in improved outcomes for students?
- Are you committed to working as part of a large multi academy Trust, where standardised practice of effective approaches is key to driving improvements and raising standards?
- Have you a proven ability to lead by example as lead subject teacher, modelling and coaching others to improve?
- Do you have the ability to effectively feedback to teachers and Head teachers and to hold stakeholders to account for improved outcomes?
- Are your communication and presentation skills of a high standard?
- You may be expected to lead your subject across both the primary and secondary sectors within our Trust, to ensure consistency of approach towards a common Trust standard.
- Experience of outstanding and successful leadership, involving change management and transformational learning
- Experience of standardised practices; management, monitoring, evaluation and leadership of quality teaching and learning to achieve student outcomes.
- Experience of a range of effective whole school improvement strategies
- Experience of working with children from disadvantaged backgrounds and improving their life chances within a no excuses culture where all children can succeed
- Extensive experience of collaboration and working with a range of stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of current educational priorities
- Experience of promoting equality and diversity, inclusion and appropriate strategies for children with special educational needs
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people.
The David Ross Education Trust is a network, of 34 academies, incorporating primary and secondary schools as well as a grammar and special school. We have over 2,000 staff committed to delivering educational excellence to our 13,000 students.
Whatever your role, you are contributing to achieving our vision of delivering world class education and inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose.
Academies have their unique place in local communities; we share common goals, aspirations and values that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We have regional hubs and share skills, knowledge and experience across our academies allowing them to benefit and learn from each other.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th October 2017. Interviews will be held on 31st October.
The David Ross Education Trust is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.