Hillcrest New Barn School an Ofsted ‘Good’ rated School is looking for a Tutor (Instructor) to join our team. Offering a salary of £18,500 - £24,000 per annum, depending on experience. Offering a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum to boys and girls, aged 6 – 16 years who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health complexities. New Barn School takes full advantage of its beautiful settings and fosters a love for using the outdoor curriculum including forest school, farm experiences and horse riding. The School is within a commutable distance of Swindon, Oxford, Andover, Basingstoke and Reading and other surrounding towns and villages.
Working as a Tutor for New Barn School, you will deliver fun educational based learning which is tailored around Numeracy, Literacy and Functional Skills for both individual pupils and small groups of students. You will be working in partnership with the teaching staff to ensure that behaviours are managed and students work to clear and relevant objectives to ensure they reach their full potential.
This role is offered on a permanent basis working 40 hours per week (term time only).
In brief this role as a Tutor will involve:
- Effectively managing and teaching a group of students in line with the school mission statement
- Planning lessons for a wide range of ability, creating a calm environment which is stimulating and purposeful
- Organising a learning environment which enables students to take ownership of their learning
- Setting clear learning objectives for each lesson, monitoring student progress and performance
- Effectively communicating with teaching and residential staff, parents and external multi-agencies
Key Skills Required:
- Hold a relevant Teaching Diploma or QCF in PTLLS or equivalent
- A sound understanding of the complexity of special education needs (SEN)
- Experience of working and teaching children and young people with emotional and behaviour difficulties who may have challenging behaviour preferred
- A caring, positive and sensitive attitude towards pupils which values all individuals
- Full UK Driving Licence
If you are looking for a new role as a Tutor please apply immediately, in return we offer a salary of £18,500 - £24,000 per annum, depending on experience, plus company benefits.
Hillcrest New Barn School is part of Outcomes First Group, the largest independent provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we care for.
Our specialist care, education and therapeutic services support children and young adults with complex needs and learning disabilities including autism and social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our approach increases the likelihood of positive outcomes by creating an established platform for each pupil, foster child and resident to develop both personally and academically, preparing them for their transition to adulthood.
Please note, although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers Pay Scale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
Please note in regards to references: In line with safeguarding procedures, references for positions within schools are taken up prior to interview.