Hours: 40 hours per week (working hours ranging from 8am - 5pm, term time only)
Aspris Children’s Services (an independent company which was formally Priory Education and Children’s Services) is one of the UK’s leading independent providers of specialist care and education for a reason. We recruit some of the most committed staff in the sector.
We are seeking an innovative and experienced Tutor to join our team at Strathmore College.
Key duties of this role will include:
- Applicant will need to have demonstrative advanced IT Skills.
- Ensure safeguarding of learners at all times.
- Complete a comprehensive baseline assessment that gives a good overview of the learners needs.
- Plan and deliver sessions within a broad based curriculum with the focus on vocational and life skills. Programmes are inclusive and learner centred, appropriate to the needs and aspirations of learners and maintained at a high standard of quality.
- Record progress and achievement.
- Contributing to curriculum development and self assessment report process.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a framework.
- Complete the requirements of accredited and non accredited (RARPA) learning, including assessment, portfolio building and contributing to moderation meetings.
- Working proactively with the specialist additional support team.
- Ensure that learners support needs are met and their well being maintained.
- Complete all relevant paperwork and maintain adherence to deadlines to ensure a high quality service for learners.
- Act as a personal Tutor, contributing to and implementing individual learning plans to ensure that the learners outcomes are achieved.
- Complete risk assessments and ensuring Health and Safety policies are adhered to and the concept of the safe learner is actively promoted.
- To ensure that English, Maths, Communication and ICT are addressed through the session.
- Support the Functional Skills Coordinator with the assessment and tracking of accredited and non accredited English and Maths.
You can be part of something special
At Aspris, we are dedicated to enhancing the life opportunities of the children and young people within our homes, and always celebrate uniqueness and diversity.
Our homes are part of a large children’s group with a national footprint offering significant development, support and progression opportunities. We also operate a fostering service and a number of high quality specialist schools in both the UK and the Middle East.
What do you get in return?
- A generous salary
- Being part of a company that invests in you and your team for personal and professional development
- Reward and discount schemes
- Enhanced DBS fee paid
- Access to a holiday package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support
Strathmore College is a residential and day college in Stoke on Trent. The college provides for learners aged 16-25 years who have learning difficulties, emotional, social and behavioural difficulties/disability. This can include young people with trauma, attachment and challenging behaviours. The cohort of learners’ needs include mild to severe learning difficulty/disability, Downs Syndrome, Autistic Spectrum Conditions, speech and language difficulties coupled with other health related, mental or physical difficulties. The learner’s needs are increasingly more complex, with a number of learners who were NEET and those who were finding engaging in education and learning challenging. The College uses meaningful, practical learning activities to engage and motivate learners.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
Our UK specialist schools, colleges, children’s homes and fostering agency provide the highest standards of support to children with a range of needs. This includes autism, learning difficulties, social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) difficulties and supporting some of society’s most vulnerable children. With a large national footprint, as well as education services in the Middle East, this also offers significant and exciting development and progression opportunities for our staff.
Aspris Education & Children's Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Aspris Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.