Uniformed Protective Services Teacher (0.6)
Salary: Up to £36,007 per annum (pro-rata) depending on experience
Hours: 21 per week
Site: Nelson and Colne College
Closing Date: Midnight - Sunday 19th September 2021
Interview Date: TBC
‘Would you like to be part of a team that aims to create the extraordinary?’
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of Colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College.
Together the Group forms a Sixth Form, Skills and Technology Centre, University Centre, employer training and adult learning provider delivering exceptional teaching and learning to all ages and at all levels.
The Exciting Role
The College Group is looking for a part-time, permanent UPS Teacher to join our dedicated team. The ideal candidate will develop and share resources for the subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources.
This role will be based at Nelson and Colne College and we welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Teach BTEC Uniformed Protective Services, delivering effective learning for students
• Be up to date, plan and prepare and high-quality teaching as required by your Line Manager to the appropriate number of hours
• Regularly assess students in order to track and monitor progress
• Maintain comprehensive, up to date, student/subject records and provide information, as requested
• Ensure close liaison and good communications with other staff in matters concerning students
• Use College systems to track and communicate student progress
• Value and support students to achieve their full potential
What We Are Looking For:
• 4 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C/4 or above
• Degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
• Recognised teaching qualification (or a willingness to achieve one within the first 3 years of appointment)
• Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area (Uniformed Protective Services)
• Knowledge of and proven ability to deliver the curriculum successfully
What We Offer in Return:
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave allowance including a two-week closure over the Christmas period
• A range of health and wellbeing benefits and support
• Staff recognition scheme, including long service awards
• Fantastic family friendly policies
• Free on-site parking on all College sites
• Please visit our ‘working for us’ section of our website for a full list of our benefits https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/working-for-us/benefits/
How to Apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Take me to the Application form: https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/application-form/
Further questions: please contact our friendly HR Team on email@example.com
*Please note we only accept applications submitted via our website*
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
Nelson and Colne College
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
Nelson and Colne College, located in the town of Nelson, Lancashire, offers further education to 1,600 full-time students and 3,500 part-time adults. The college was founded during the reorganisation of education in Pendle in the early 1970s and crea...