We seek to appoint University Admissions and Careers Guidance Counsellors to work with our A-Level students and advise them on choosing universities and courses that will meet their personal aspirations and goals.
Oxford International College is one of the UK’s leading co-educational A-level boarding colleges for students aged 16 – 21, with academic achievement and personal growth at the heart of what we aim to achieve.
Students are offered a wide spectrum of experiences and programmes to enrich their academic studies and to prepare them for entry to top universities. We also give students the chance to engage with interesting and challenging topics that fall outside of the academic syllabus and give them awareness of their chosen field of study.
The Super Curricular Department work together to deliver these programmes and this department is currently looking for an enthusiastic and motivated university graduate to join the team.
You will ideally have graduated from a Russell Group University, from which you will have obtained first-hand experience of the UCAS process.
This role would suit someone who enjoys helping young people to succeed – somebody who is very positive and encouraging as well as realistic and pragmatic. This person will be able to prioritise and will have a strong sense of responsibility.
This role involves responsibility for:
1. Assisting students with their selection of universities and courses and thereafter helping them with their university applications.
2. Ensuring students are successful in their search for work placements and assisting them with this process, including the writing of their CVs, applications forms, making calls, pursuing opportunities.
3. Working as a key member of the Super Curricular team to ensure that each student has ample opportunity for growth and development in addition to those that are offered through the A-level course.
4. Forming part of the personal statement team that supports the students throughout their university application.
What we offer
- A competitive salary;
- The opportunity to work with highly motivated students in a setting that strives for excellence; and
- The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of young people.
How to apply
Download the full job specification and use the quick apply function below.
Alternatively, send a full and up to date Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to Marianne Thompson-Hill (Deputy Principal) at email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 17th June 2019.
Oxford International College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced DBS Disclosure.