The University Advisor will bridge the gap in understanding and practice between our students, their families and overseas universities. S/he will provide bespoke four-year programmes in support of students, ensuring their academic and college readiness for international institutions. S/he will work with the pupils so that they are well prepared to overcome the challenges facing them as they leave China and enter higher education overseas.
• Regularly lead or support the Head of Sixth Form with college preparation workshops
• Plan for standardized tests, extra-curricular activities and academic and career counselling
• Set up group and individual tutorials to support college and university knowledge and understanding,
• Provide application guidance to ensure excellence in the educational provision and success in the enrolment of colleges and universities
• Organise a guest speaker programme for pupils and parents to inform and inspire pupils on the university application process and other career related topics
1. Provide a complete and professional system for application consultation, including 3-year development plan, career planning and University application
2. Assist students with applications mainly for universities in the British and United States and other countries, make sure the students gain a high-quality counselling service.
3. Build up a standard system for the application guidance (the standardization of core application materials, plans for graduation system and English standard tests)
Overseas’ university Coordinator
1. Contact with Universities in different ways and organize their visits to our school
2. Teach students how to raise questions, contact with admissions officers and create a good impression of Wellington and themselves to admissions officers
3. During the application season, provide supplementary materials and other related follow-up issues for the applicants
4. Update the latest information for overseas’ universities, application data and major analysis
5. Develop and establish a guest speakers programme to inspire pupils with their higher education and career choices
Enrichment to support the application
1. Arrange students to take part in different extracurricular competitions and activities e.g. debating contest and MUN
2. Provide opportunities for overseas study tours and social activities
1. Be a communication bridge between the school and parents
2. Organize application guidance seminar regularly for parents and answer related questions from the parents
1. Set up and maintain a database to track the university destinations of alumni.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, teaching certificate
Major: English or Education related majors
Teacher Qualification: Must have Teacher License
Language: Fluent English speaker
Experience: At least 5 years of relevant university counselling experience; 5 Years within the educational system
Please attach your CV, Teacher License together with a cover letter here.
Wellington College Hangzhou is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service, or local national equivalent.
Further details of the above position are available in the file of Job Description below.
For more information about Wellington College Hangzhou, please click ‘Learn More about this school’ in the bottom.
Should you have any further questions, please email us at email@example.com.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, China, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Over 25 and below 59 years of age
Huili School Hangzhou offers a world-class bilingual education for children aged from 2 to 18, which begins in Huili Nursery Hangzhou with the Early Years Foundation Stage supported by the Early Years statements taken from the Zhejiang Curriculum. In...