The German Swiss International School (GSIS) is one of Hong Kong's leading international schools with 200 faculty and staff providing quality, holistic education to a multinational student body of approximately 1300 students. The school is organised into two Streams, German and English leading to qualifications in the German International Abitur and I/GCSE & IBDP respectively. We are inviting applications from experienced and qualified candidates commencing in August 2021.
The appointee will be responsible for advising and assisting our students in their university preparation and applications and will represent the school to the higher education community. S/he will advise students and parents on IGCSE and IB diploma course selection, work with the Head of University Counselling to deliver appropriate and tailored programmes for Y10 to Y13 students, and advise on all aspects of the university application process, including personal statements and college essays, writing and reviewing recommendation letters, preparing student transcripts and interview preparation. S/he will also coordinate standardized tests such as the PSAT, SAT and ACT – acting as Test Centre Supervisor. S/he will assist in the preparation and delivery of university and careers-related events, workshops and information briefings for students and parents.
What is required and what we’re looking for
• Bachelor Degree is required
• Master’s degree in a related field or other relevant professional qualifications may be an advantage
• Extensive experience in a similar role and significant experience of working within a school environment
• Native-level English speaker with excellent written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge and experience with US, UK and other higher education systems
• Familiarity with BridgeU and/or Cialfo preferred
• Experience co-ordinating and supervising SAT/ACT testing preferred or willingness to take on this responsibility
• Culturally sensitive, tolerant and patient
• Positive, proactive and independent work ethic
What we offer
GSIS offers an excellent working environment in an international school within a dynamic community. We welcome candidates who show a commitment to continuous professional development and are willing to contribute to wider school activities.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume to us via the GSIS online recruitment portal (http://mygsis.gsis.edu.hk/careers/jobopenings/), to the Director of Human Resources.
Further information on the school, its facilities and programmes are available on the school’s website http://mygsis.edu.hk/.
Applicants not invited for interview after four weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
GSIS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Full background checks will be conducted to safeguard all students at GSIS.
German Swiss International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years