About the French International School
Established in 1964, the French International School (FIS) is the oldest international school in Hong Kong and was one of the first schools in Hong Kong to offer the IB. It is a dynamic educational institution, which welcomes over 2,700 students from around the world. It offers both French and British-style curricula and is the largest French school in Asia.
FIS currently operates four campuses, three of which accommodate students in the International Stream. The two primary schools, one surrounded by greenery in Jardine’s Lookout and the other in a brand new campus by the sea in Tseung Kwan O. The third is the secondary campus at Blue Pool Road situated at the heart of Hong Kong island.
FIS is a private, not-for-profit organization. In the last five decades, it has grown from a small school with 35 students to one of the most renowned international schools in the region. Its students are from over 40 countries speaking some 30 languages – it is a truly multicultural learning environment.
FIS operates two streams, French and International. The French Stream follows a French curriculum and has approximately 1800 students. The International Stream follows an English and Mathematics curriculum broadly based on the English national curriculum and also IPC/IEYC thematic curriculum in the primary school leading to IMYC in the junior secondary and then IGCSE and finally the International Baccalaureate in years 12 and 13. It currently has over 900 students registered.
For more information about FIS, please refer to www.fis.edu.hk.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a University Guidance Counsellor who can also coordinate the CAS programme and teach TOK (4 hours) as a subject at FIS. We are seeking an inspirational and energetic person to bring their expertise, knowledge and passion to our IBDP students in the international secondary school. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of academic success, innovation and development throughout their career.
This is an opportunity for the candidate to help the 80 + IBDP students in successfully identifying the most suitable university courses for their aspirations, alongside a team of six other colleagues, whilst supporting the students through coordinating their CAS programme and teaching the TOK course. We are seeking a teacher who will:
● Be well qualified with an internationally accepted degree and teaching qualification.
● Have a deep knowledge of the IBDP curriculum as well as a detailed, up to date, working knowledge and passion for the core elements of the IBDP: Theory of Knowledge (TOK), and CAS (Creativity, Activity and Service)
● Have experience, or a strong interest in, university guidance to students in an IBDP, or other pre-university school setting;
● Be an outstanding teacher who is passionate about learning and teaching and sets high expectations for every student;
● Be able to work collaboratively with a team of experienced university counsellors in a bi-lingual setting, our teachers and the IBDP Coordinator;
● Have an ability to work in English (fluent) and French (intermediate)
● Be internationally-minded and culturally sensitive;
● Be committed to fostering a culture of continuous improvement;
We will provide:
● A competitive compensation package including cash allowance and gratuity
● International worldwide medical cover
● Subsidised education for children at French International School
● Opportunities for ongoing professional development.
● A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment.
● The chance to work in a culturally diverse context.
Please send a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Please send your application by 30 April 2021. Early applications are recommended as the School reserves the right to make an appointment before the deadline should a suitable candidate present him or herself. Address your application to Mr Ian Clayton, Head of the International Stream. Interviews will take place in Hong Kong or via Skype/Zoom.
All information provided by the applicants will be kept confidential and used for employment-related purposes only.
The French International School - Blue Pool Road Campus
- Mainstream school with state funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years