Sheridan School, Thetford Road, Northwold, Thetford, IP26 5LQ
Hours: Full time
Sheridan School are seeking to appoint a motivated, skilled and resilient Unqualified Teacher with experience and/or a strong interest in supporting young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties along with autism. The chosen candidate will demonstrate energy, enthusiasm and the ability to teach effectively across a range of subject areas.
You may have experience of supporting young people with severe learning difficulties but this will not be essential. You will have a flexible approach and will be able to meet the changing needs of our young people.
With the support of colleagues, you will develop the skills, confidence and experience to deal with the challenging behaviour that some of our students can, at times, exhibit.
The successful candidate will:
- Teach a class of pupils ensuring that planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs
- Maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom
- Send reports to all stakeholders including SLT, Governors and parent/carers will need to be distributed timely and accurately
- Provide assessments of learning and progress matched against aspirational and appropriate targets will need to be provided.
You will join a supportive and experienced team of dedicated education and support staff. Full training and development will be provided along with a bespoke induction programme and the ability to network with teachers across other Priory sites.
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
Our application process is completed online. Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this fantastic opportunity to start making a difference to the young people we support.
Priory Education and Children's Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
Sheridan School offers an integrated programme of education and therapy for young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties, compounded by complex disorders including Autism. Age range for students is from year 4 to year 11 and the school is comprised of Primary, Secondary and ASD provisions.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 10 - 16 years
Sheridan School is a specialist residential school for boys and girls aged 10 to 16 who have social, emotional and behavioural difficulties with learning difficulties including autistic spectrum disorders. Many of our young people have experienced co...