Do you have a passion for English language and literature?
Are you an English Graduate or perhaps an English/EAL Tutor or TA looking for a new position?
Have you ever thought about getting into teaching but not sure how?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Stockwood Park Academy would love to hear from you!
The Stockwood Park Academy have a great opportunity for a dynamic and passionate person who is looking to get their foot in the door and start a career in teaching English. English is at the heart of everything we do; it sustains thought, development and improvement and allows us to communicate effectively to everyone around us. Therefore, we are keen to get on board someone who is passionate about English language and literature, but also inspired to work with and teach students about the subject.
We recruit for attitude and train for skills! If you are ready and willing, we can help you do the rest. The Stockwood Park Academy are a part of our Teaching Trust which offers exceptional teacher training and high quality professional development programmes to new staff to support you in excelling in your career. Our programmes are facilitated by experienced school leaders who have exemplary records in leadership and improving outcomes for their students. Not only do we have our Teaching Trust on board to help, but you would also be joining a genuinely lovely and supportive English Department who are well equipped in training unqualified and overseas members of staff and ensuring they succeed.
Still unsure? Listen to what our teachers have to say about working for us: https://youtu.be/48wDNtQQKzU
What skills/abilities do I need to show to be successful?
- Excited by their role and by the prospect of working with young people
- Love the processes of learning and teaching and are keen to continually develop their own skills;
- Recognise that teaching can be a demanding job but react positively to those demands
- Will subscribe to the ethos of the Trust and ‘go the extra mile’ in terms of time and commitment to get the very best from our young people;
- Are quick to praise and slow to criticise; and are not afraid to admit to seeing themselves as potential leaders of the future.
- Passionate, confident and reliable
- Some experience/interest in English Language and Literature
- Start date: As soon as possible or January 2018
- Salary: Unqualified Teaching Scale - £16,626 to £26,295 (Dependent on experience/skills already gained)
- Job Role: Full time, Permanent
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- You’ll be working alongside a charismatic, supportive and genuine Principal and SLT who want to see you succeed and thrive
- Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programs
- Brilliant opportunities to develop and grow in an expanding Trust
- Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
- To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
- Great support for NQT’s and Unqualified Teachers including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
- All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
- Local subsided gym membership and many other staff benefits
Teacher Testimonial: “ I have been at the Academy since 2000, I started as an unqualified teacher and was supported through the Graduate Teacher Programme. Very soon after I gained my QTS, opportunities arose to get into new roles. I started as Gifted and Talented Coordinator, then I became Head of Department for PE and then I wanted to develop into a pastoral role where I became a House Leader. Then came the opportunity to become an Assistant Principal and I was encouraged to go for that role so I took the leap and now I'm the Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare. There is a whole range of CPD on offer with a dedicated Teaching and Learning team who will provide personalised CPD, personalised areas for development for members of staff. In addition to that, they have a number of courses they provide, I've gone on the 'Outstanding Teacher Programme' and developed my own teaching and helped me feel secure in the position I was in.“
Closing Date: Tuesday 28th November at 12pm
Interviews: As soon as possible
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today – we look forward to hearing from you!
Visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed, please contact Hannah Chandler on 01582 211 226 to arrange a convenient time.