Upper Key Stage 2 Teacher
Required from September 2021
TLR available dependent on experience
Thank you for showing an interest in Carpenters Primary School. Our school is a great place to teach and learn!
We welcome creative and passionate staff who are prepared to take risks and have high aspirations for themselves, their team and the whole school community.
Our school is immersed in diversity, culture and heritage. Located in a prime location in Stratford - just a stone’s throw from the Olympic Park and Central London, we utilise the advantages that such a location offers us to inspire children’s curiosity, in & beyond the moment, through a focus on creativity, physical activity and emotional health and well-being.
Our Curriculum Vision:
“We deliver an experience-rich curriculum, to foster a thirst and enthusiasm for learning, in a vocabulary and reading-rich environment, with pupil wellbeing at the heart of all we do.”
Our key intentions:
1. To prepare our children to be citizens of the future through developing resilience, self management, open-mindedness and building confidence.
2. To offer a rich, broad and balanced curriculum with reading, language and vocabulary development at its heart.
3. To raise aspirations through providing a tapestry of rich and varied experiences.
4. To encourage a passion for learning through developing independence, creativity and innovative thinking.
5. To have every aspect of the child at the heart of everything we do - by knowing our children as individuals and working collaboratively alongside the whole school community.
The governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding practitioner to join our Upper Key Stage 2 team.
● Have demonstrable experience as an outstanding classroom practitioner in Upper Key Stage 2;
● Have QTS and an enhanced DBS check;
● Have excellent knowledge of the Key Stage Two National Curriculum;
● Share our vision and key intentions;
● Have excellent written and interpersonal skills;
● Have the passion and ability to raise the attainment of all children you teach;
● Have the knowledge and understanding of how to use a range of technologies across the curriculum to support learning;
● Have a desire to manage behaviour positively and effectively, within the school’s ethos -guided by the Thrive approach;
● Have a commitment to inclusive education;
● Have the ability to form close relationships with parents/carers and the wider community;
● Have the ability to work successfully as part of a team and motivate others;
We will offer:
In return for your experience, enthusiasm and commitment, we can offer the opportunity to fulfil your ambitions and potential within a team of hardworking, dedicated staff, governors and supportive parents/carers.
In addition to this, we also offer:
● A thorough training and induction programme;
● Outstanding career development possibilities - including leadership opportunities;
● Personalised professional development;
● Inner London Teaching Allowance and yearly pay progression through performance related pay;
● A strong and supportive feedback culture so that teachers can develop in areas of their practice that are important to them.
Find out more about the school through our website at: https://www.carpenters.newham.sch.uk/.
The closing date for applications is Monday 3 May 2021 at 5pm.
Short listing will take place on Tuesday 4 May 2021.
Interviews will take place the week commencing Monday 10 May 2021.
Visits to the school are desirable. Please contact Lisa O’Neill, Office Manager for more information and to
arrange a convenient time on 0208 534 4759 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carpenters Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) clearance.
Carpenters Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years