Varee Chiangmai International School is seeking a qualified Key Stage 2 teacher initially for a Year 6 class, to start in August 2018. The school follows the National Curriculum for England, adapted for local use.
Varee Chiangmai International School is a small but growing school with an increasingly diverse student body of approximately 290 students and is a fully accredited member of EDT (Education Development Trust). It is part of a much larger Thai school and actively promotes Thai language and culture. The school is located close to the centre of Chiang Mai, the bustling capital of Thailand's northern Lanna region: an area of misty mountains, Buddhist temples and diverse Hill Tribe cultures, as well as a thriving ex-pat social scene. Chiang Mai has been rated among the top 10 most liveable cities in Asia. It has a laid back atmosphere, enjoys a tropical climate tempered by altitude most of the year, and, above all, is affordable. The lifestyle achievable means that most of our teachers renew their initial contract.
The successful candidate must:
- Hold a B.Ed or Bachelor's degree + PGCE
- Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Have At least 1 year’s experience teaching the National Curriculum for England, either in the UK or an international setting.
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess the ability to work with diverse groups of colleagues, students and parents.
- Have a flexible attitude as our school grows and develops.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the staffroom.
- Be willing to be fully involved in the extra-curricular life of the School.
- Be interested in career development rather than seeking a short term stopping off point on an international tour.
In return we offer:-
- A two year contract
- A locally competitive salary in line with other international schools in Chiang Mai
- A housing support allowance
- BUPA medical insurance
- End of contract bonus
- Visa and work permit support
- A friendly and supportive working environment.
Applications are open until 2nd April 2018; however as interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis, early applications are encouraged.
Please send your CV, including contact details of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent head teacher; as well as a letter of application outlining the reasons you are seeking this position and the skills you would bring to our school to email@example.com . Only applications received in this manner will be considered. Please do not apply via TES.
Interviews will be conducted via Skype for candidates not presently in Chiang Mai. Successful candidates will be required to provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure certificate or the equivalent from country of residence.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.