St Luke & St Philip's Primary School - A Church of England Academy
Classroom Teacher | Part Time | Mainscale
Working hours - 0.8
Fixed Term Contract until 31st August 2018
Cidari Education and the Governing Body of St Luke and St Philip’s Primary School - A Church Academy are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, dedicated and committed teacher for this bespoke position within the school. Part of your role will be to work with small groups of Year 5 & 6 children who are just below age related expectations and your main aim will be to boost these children so they achieve age expectations. You will also be required to teach the Foundation Subjects in Year 6 in the afternoons. This is an exciting new role within our school and if you think you can fulfil this we would love to hear from you.
- An outstanding teacher who can demonstrate that your teaching over time is consistently good or better?
- An ambitious professional with high aspirations for the children and families with whom you work?
- A creative and inspiring teacher with a keen focus on children’s learning, achievement and progress?
- A team-worker who is also able to lead the team in your areas of agreed responsibility?
- An energetic individual with the stamina and resilience to commit to our school’s improvement plan, to raise standards and to make an impact in our rapidly improving school?
- A deep understanding of how learning happens?
- A current knowledge of the National Curriculum combined with key progression knowledge for learning in Mathematics and Literacy, across at least 2 Key Stages?
- A range of assessment for learning techniques to accelerate pupil progress and the ability to articulate these?
- An understanding of the ways in which co-operative learning strategies and independent learning opportunities contribute to embedded learning and progress?
- The flexibility and courage to trial new learning strategies, evaluate their effectiveness and share successes with the wider team?
- Commit to creating a positive and safe learning environment for all pupils in our school?
- Explain your responsibilities in respect of pupil safeguarding, class teaching and as a subject leader?
- Show interest and respect to all stakeholders of our school, thereby positively promoting our school’s and the Cidari Trust’s values and relationships with all of our parents and partners?
- Contribute to the development of Worship and the spiritual life of the school, based upon our Christian Values?
- Show successful subject leadership skills and experience? Abilities in the area of Creative, Expressive and Visual Arts is of interest to us but other subject leadership enthusiasms and skills will be considered equally.
We are a member of Cidari Multi Academy Trust, established in November 2013, a growing educational trust and part of the Blackburn Diocese. Cidari Education are committed to providing high quality education for all children in our academies based on clearly established Christian values and principles.
Supporting documents for this post including application forms are available below, alternatively these can be accessed from the school office – please contact us on 01254 54866. Further information about the Academy is available by visiting our website www.stlukesblackburn.co.uk
Visits to the Academy are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment through the Headteacher.
Application forms and supporting information are returnable to the Lisa Burke:
Miss Lisa Burke - Business Support Officer, Cidari Education, Clayton House, Walker Park, Blackburn, BB1 2QE
Tel: 01254 958888 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Cidari Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.