Upper KS2 Class Teacher
Teachers Pay Scale
Required for June/July 2020
Southmead Primary School is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic teacher to join our upper KS2 team. You will have a secure record of raising standards and contributing to the school community.
Southmead Primary School is a thriving and vibrant place of learning, where we value and harness everyone’s contribution in our pursuit of excellence in all aspects of our work. You will be joining an ambitious, dedicated and happy team.
If you have a true passion for teaching and learning and want to help all our children make the best possible progress from their starting points; if you have children at the heart of your teaching practice then we are the school for you. We are a culturally diverse school and welcome applications from all.
As a large 2-form entry school, with an ASD Base and a Children’s Centre, there are many opportunities for professional development and to develop a wide range of experience. New members of our team will take part in a comprehensive induction programme to enable them to understand the school’s ethos, policies and procedures.
We are looking for someone who:
- is an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations
- is an enthusiastic and hardworking team player
- has a strong commitment to school improvement
- is ambitious with the ability to motivate and inspire
- secures high levels of achievement
- is committed to safeguarding all our children and their emotional well-being
- is able to communicate effectively with all members of the school community
In return we offer you:
- Happy children who love learning and are proud of their school
- A welcoming, caring and dedicated staff who are committed to providing the best outcomes for our children
- Clear succession planning to enable all staff to develop leadership skills for the future
- Excellent opportunities for continued professional development
- Dedicated release time
- A strong, ambitious and supportive leadership team
- A nurturing, inclusive culture and ethos that recognises the efforts of all members of the school community
Please make an appointment to come and visit our school and see for yourself.
To arrange a visit to the school please contact, Jan Dixon, Office Manager, on 0208 788 8901 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below or from the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
Completed applications should be returned to the school either by email email@example.com or post.
Closing date: 07 February 2020 (at noon)
Interviews: Week commencing 10 February 2020
If you have not heard from us by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Southmead Primary School
Tel: 0208 788 8901
Fax: 0208 788 8782