The Bilingual Primary School offers a unique opportunity to work in a bilingual environment in Spanish and English. The successful candidate will have the advantage of working in a new, purpose built school and, more importantly, to play a significant role in shaping the next phase of the school’s development to secure an outstanding bilingual education for children.
Leading in Upper Key Stage 2 (Years 5 and 6), the person appointed will be in the position to make a difference within the phase and also lead across the school on either Maths or English. The role offers the opportunity to gain experience of innovating, creating and leading within an environment of professional trust and autonomy.
We particularly welcome applications from candidates who are fluent in Spanish.
Overseas candidates are welcome to apply - please see attachment for further details
We are looking for an outstanding KS2 teacher and leader who:
- Is able to inspire, enthuse and lead colleagues within Upper KS2
- Has an understanding of and/or interest in bilingual education;
- Is able to lead and inspire colleagues across the school in Maths or English
- Forms exceptionally positive, proactive partnerships with parents and carers with a strong focus on developing effective strategies for communication;
- Has evidence of developing their own practice and improving and influencing great teaching;
- Has excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum allowing him/ her to provide exciting contexts through which children can learn and deepen their understanding;
- Creates an ethos of eagerness in their class ensuring children love learning and are motivated and confident and constantly prepared to reflect and improve;
- Knows their class well and is exceptionally skilled at planning and adapting their teaching to meet the needs of every child;
- Promotes our core drivers of autonomy, curiosity, perseverance and collaboration.
The governors of our school are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by appointment or on:
- Wednesday 24th April at 8:00am,
- Monday 29th April at 11:00am and 2:00pm
- Wednesday 1st May at 4:00pm
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org