Empowering our students to thrive is at the core of everything we do. “Here, I can be me.” If this quote from one of our students makes you curious about working at our school, you are in the right place! Amity International School Amsterdam is a family-oriented school, proud of our connections with the wider community and Amity Education Group. We are still growing and are ambitious to be a school at the forefront of impactful teaching and learning.
If you are a dynamic and inspirational teacher seeking a new temporary adventure for the first academic term, we would like to hear from you.
What will you do on a day-to-day basis?
Teachers at Amity International School are committed to:
- High quality teaching practice
- Creating dynamic learning environments
- Collaborating on the development and evolution of our curriculum
- Building positive relationships with students, staff, and parents
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the needs of primary education. He/she will have the capability to deliver a high standard of education aligned with the School’s Mission, Vision and Values delivered via the International Baccalaureate’s Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) for which we are accredited.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be experienced in the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) or similar inquiry-based curriculum
- Be responsible for collaborating on curriculum design and development of the language programme
- Be able to engage and differentiate for the needs of students at all levels
- Be committed to high standards, interested in using a constructivist approach to learning and be enthusiastic about promoting international understanding
- Be an innovator who is committed to learning and up to date with current research
- Be an inspiring, challenging and empowering educational motivator
- Be visible, approachable, with excellent interpersonal skills and a good sense of humour
- Be flexible, creative and resilient
What will you bring to the table?
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications, experience, skills, and attributes:
- A minimum 4-year recognised teaching qualification, including a bachelor's degree or equivalent teaching diploma (PGCE)
- Relevant international teaching experience
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- The ability to support and challenge children to achieve the highest academic standards
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to demonstrate creativity, compassion, and a desire to make a difference in the learning of our children
- Values working in a team
- Willingness to partake in professional development sessions
- Participates fully in all aspects of school life within and beyond the classroom
- A role model within the school community
What is in it for you?
We are looking for candidates who are willing to go the extra mile for our young school to be successful. In return, we are offering a competitive salary for successful candidates. If you are located in The Netherlands, internationally minded, permitted to work in the European Union and have the desire to help shape the exciting future of our school, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Who are we?
We are young and vibrant school located in Amstelveen. We pride ourselves in supporting and challenging every student to achieve excellence in their development. We place particular emphasis on providing the students with opportunities to demonstrate agency and collaborative skills, as well as finding ways for them to serve others and contribute to the wider community.
We are a fully international school with students and staff from 39 different countries and we are proud of our diverse and inclusive culture. We welcome new colleagues from different backgrounds and highly encourage people from around the world to apply for this position.
Amity International School Amsterdam is part of the not-for-profit Amity Education Group, home to over 150.000 students worldwide with school campuses across Amsterdam, Dubai, London, Singapore, New York, Delhi, Tashkent and plans to be in every major city of the world.
Why is Safeguarding important to us?
We take caring for the physical and emotional health of each member of the school community very seriously. As a school, we are committed to safeguarding and expect all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. We will follow safer recruitment practices and pre-employment background checks before any appointment is confirmed.
What should you do next?
If you feel that you are the candidate we are looking for, make sure to share your CV (resume) and supporting statement via the ‘apply now’ button.
If you have additional questions, do not hesitate to contact our HR department via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amity International School, Amsterdam
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 15 years