At ISL we are committed to academic excellence, collaboration, innovation, integrity, continuous learning, and global responsibility. To fulfil this commitment, we look to hire the best professionals possible, world-wide. We are fortunate to employ over 270 outstanding teachers, support staff and administrators coming from more than 20 different countries. Our expectations are as high for our staff as they are for our students.
ISLux is looking for a passionate and accomplished Upper School Assistant Principal for Teaching and Learning with proven leadership experience, who can continue to drive our curriculum and professional development models forward in an innovative international environment!
To apply: Please submit your online application in English through ISL’s Careers webpage: www.islux.lu/vacancies
For further information about the role and ISL, please visit our website: www.islux.lu/careers
Role’s brief description:
The Upper School Assistant Principal for Teaching & Learning is charged with assisting the Upper School Principal with the management, development, support and evaluation of the educational programme and professional development in the Upper School. He/she supports the Principal to maintain a high level of professional and support staff and to ensure that the programme delivered within the Upper School is sound and meets the highest possible academic standards; he/she ensures that the student body is active, engaged and successful.
He/she reports to the Upper School Principal.
Profile: (training, experience, skills and aptitudes necessary to do the job)
• Master’s Degree or equivalent in an appropriate field of study;
• 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position in an international school;
• Teaching certificate and classroom teaching experience required.
• Demonstrated leadership with professional development and student assessment models;
• Demonstrated ability to lead learning-focused workshops for teachers and parents
• Familiarity with and understanding of recent developments in secondary education curricula;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Fluent in English (near native level) and preferably with a second language (French or German as an advantage);
• Experienced in working in a collaborative teaching environment;
• Familiarity and fluency with technology supported learning;
• Technologically competent in basic resources and programmes (ex: Schoology, Atlas Rubicon, Office 365 preferred);
• Understanding of and experience with students and parents who are English Language Learners;
Working conditions: Full time – Indefinite duration contract
At ISL we offer: Leadership, inspiration and support. A competitive salary scale with a great range of benefits (School Holidays, Lunch Allowance, Supplementary Pension scheme, access to professional development training, etc) and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application deadline: 1st December 2017
Planned Interview Schedule: 1st round of interviews: as of 4th of December 2017 (through Skype)
2nd round of interviews: 18th and 19th of December 2017 (2 days visit to ISL)
To begin: 1 August 2018