At ISL we are committed to academic excellence, innovation, continuous learning, and global responsibility. We are looking for a passionate and inspiring "Upper School French Teacher" to achieve this mission with us, in close collaboration with the Modern Languages teachers team.
We are a highly reputable school, in the center of Europe, with over 290 outstanding staff and almost 1400 students, coming from all over the world.
Role’s brief description: A Teacher is a resource person for student and parents. The Teacher is expected to be aware of the philosophy, goals, objectives and policies of the school and to co-ordinate personal goals and objectives within this framework. This person will report to the School Principal.
Profile: (training, experience, skills and aptitudes necessary to do the job)
• Current teaching certificate or equivalent;
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (MA preferred);
• Fluency in English and French (near mother tongue levels);
• At least two years of successful French teaching experience with students in secondary school, aged 11 to 18;
• Recent successful teaching in an International School setting;
• Knowledge of the IB and/or IGCSE programmes;
• Familiarity and fluency with technology supported learning;
• Familiarity with and understanding of recent developments in French education for secondary school students;
• Experienced in working in a collaborative teaching situation;
• Technologically competent in basic resources and programmes (ex: Atlas Rubicon, Office 365 preferred);
• Understanding of and experience with teaching students who are English Language Learners.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website: https://vacancies.islux.lu/jobs