The Upper School includes a Prep phase (Y6 - Y8) and Y9 - Y13. Throughout the Upper School there is a strong emphasis on academic excellence, preparation for top university entrance, leadership and personal development. Language and Learning is a focus at the school with many students speaking English as a second language. An ability to support language learning would be a significant advantage, although specialist support and training is provided to ensure that all staff becomes experts in EAL teaching techniques.
The Upper School team aims to deliver a stimulating and challenging curriculum and the most important part of the role is the classroom teaching and associated pastoral care of the students. In addition to this, the School’s emphasis on activities outside the classroom means that an effective and varied contribution to the extra-curricular programme is also required. There is a comprehensive program of enrichment activities and all students and staff are expected to be active members of the community.
The Upper School teachers will be offered two-year renewable contracts and a highly competitive compensation package, including on-site accommodation / equivalent housing allowance and full medical insurance for employees and their dependents.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Graduate qualified teacher
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area
- Qualified Teacher Status and evidence of appropriate subsequent in-service training.
- Evidence of involvement in transformational change within a department.
- Have taken a lead role in organising and implementing extra-curricular activities.
- Outstanding relationships with students and staff members which promotes excellent classroom discipline and attainment
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and well-being of children.
- Effective communication and engagement with children and their families.
- Subject knowledge sufficient to challenge able students and achieve high outcomes
- Open to exploring innovative approaches from across the educational field
- Previous experience in an international school and familiarity with British education system
- Evidence of involvement in relevant CPD
- Knowledge and understanding of positive disciplinary methods
- Knowledge and understanding of child development and its impact on behaviour
Please download the attached job description for a full breakdown of the responsibilities and tasks associated with this role.
Please visit the Harrow Beijing careers portal to complete an online application.
Harrow Beijing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and those connected to the school to share this commitment.
School and Community
Harrow Beijing is a vibrant community affiliated to the renowned Harrow School in London and Harrow International Schools in Bangkok, Hong Kong and Shanghai. It offers a British-based international education to students aged from...