At ISL we are committed to academic excellence, collaboration, innovation, integrity, continuous learning, and global responsibility. To fulfil this commitment, we look to hire the best professionals possible, world-wide. We are fortunate to employ over 270 outstanding teachers, support staff and administrators coming from more than 20 different countries. Our expectations are as high for our staff as they are for our students.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional candidate to join ISL to teach Physical Education & Health in Upper School, up to IB Sports Science/ A – level
For further information about the role and ISL, please visit our website: www.islux.lu/careers
To apply: Please submit your online application in English through ISL’s Careers webpage: www.islux.lu/vacancies
Role’s brief description: The teacher is a resource person for student and parents. Teachers are expected to be aware of the philosophy, goals, objectives and policies of the school and to co-ordinate personal goals and objectives within this framework. Teachers report to the School Principal.
Profile: (training, experience, skills and aptitudes necessary to do the job)
- Current teaching certificate or equivalent;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (MA preferred) in Physical Education studies;
- Fluency in English (near native level);
- At least two years of successful experience teaching Physical Education & Health to students in secondary school, up to IB Sports Science/ A - level preferred;
- Recent successful teaching in an International School setting;
- Familiarity and fluency with technology supported learning;
- Familiarity with and understanding of recent developments in Physical Education & Health education for secondary school students;
- Experienced in working in a collaborative teaching situation;
- Technologically competent in basic resources and programmes (ex: Atlas Rubicon, Office 365 preferred);
- Understanding of and experience with teaching students who are English Language Learners.
Working conditions: Full time –1 year Definite duration contract – Maternity & parental leave replacement
At ISL we offer: Leadership, inspiration and support. A competitive salary scale with a great range of benefits (School Holidays, Lunch vouchers, access to professional development training, etc) and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application deadline: 25th September 2017
To begin: 3rd January 2017