This role is a mixture of both administration and advisory roles, with the administration role being the major part of the hours worked.
The role therefore involves both supporting the HE with all types of administration and also advising Sixth Form students on their applications to US and other international universities. The role forms a key part of Sevenoaks School’s HE team.
The role holder reports to the Director of Higher Education.
Each term has a different workload but there are some key tasks throughout the year:
• Liaise with staff and students on documentation relating to US and international university applications (Canada, Ireland, Hong Kong, etc.).
• Be responsible for the submission of applications by Sixth Form students to universities in the USA and elsewhere in the world.
• Ensure effective records are kept and maintained of all applications.
• Provide administrative support for scholarship applicants to universities in Canada and Hong Kong.
• Proof read US references and upload them to Naviance.
• Maintain records of processed applications often using Excel and liaising with Accounts as required.
Working Pattern Requirements
During term time: 28.5 hrs over 5 days per week in the Autumn Term plus
19 hours over 3 days per week in the Lent and Summer Terms plus
There is also the requirement to work for up to a week in July following the publication of IB results on 6 July. Exact hours will be agreed between the role holder and the Director of HE.
The salary for the hours above (42% of a full-time, all year round role) will be c. £22,000 p.a
This is a maternity cover role which will last for a minimum of the Michaelmas term (September to December 2017) with the potential to last for up to one year, depending on when the role holder returns.
For a full list of responsibilities and information on how to apply, please download the attached job description.