We are looking for an open minded, inspirational, experienced and caring professional to assist the Principal with the daily management of the school, to start as soon as possible.
- The key purpose of this role is to assist and advise the principal in their work to ensure the mission, vision and strategic plan are effectively implemented
- You will be expected to lead on the smooth daily management of the secondary school, with specific responsibilities in the areas of secondary school administration, internal budgeting, recruitment, timetable, admissions, CPL & appraisal, policy development, library, careers and accreditation processes
- Provide guidance and advice to the SecLT on routines, policies, Dutch laws, etc
- Support the DHs by acting as CPL & Appraisal lead for members of the middle leadership team when required
- Help ensure that the ISH Mission, Vision and Values remain integral to thinking, actions and decision-making across the school
- Support and enable innovative educational projects and approaches in line with our guiding statements
- Use data and evidence effectively and appropriately to evaluate the effectiveness of current practice in order to lead school improvements
- Help manage and Implement the ISH Strategic Plan
- To assist the Principal and Director of Operations with financial and administrative tasks and procedures
- Represent the Principal in his absences regarding general matters
- Stand in for absent Deputy Heads as and when required
- Provide leadership that ensures staff wellbeing and contributing to an inclusive environment as well as improving both student and staff outcomes; “inspiring personal excellence”
- To work closely with and offer support to the Pastoral team
- Support all staff in achieving the priorities and targets which the school sets for itself, and to provide them with support and guidance to enable this
- Administrative tasks related to Dutch organisations regarding Student Wellbeing
- Attend Parent Representative and MR meetings to keep the parent community well informed on general matters
- To support the Principal with administrative preparation for MR meetings
A full description of the role is available in the document “Roles and Responsibilities: Vice Principal ”
The ideal candidate will be:
- Innovative, committed to learning and up-to-date with current research
- Inspiring, challenging and empowering
- Team player
- Visible, approachable, with excellent interpersonal skills and a good sense of humour
- Flexible, creative and adaptable
- Methodical, accurate and resilient
- Diplomatic and culturally sensitive
- Excellent communicator
- Role model for the ISH Community Profile
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s in Education or Post-Graduate Diploma in Education for Secondary Education. Please know that in order to work for us, you must be a fully qualified teacher in accordance with the standards required by the Dutch Education Authorities (DUO)
- Minimum of 5 years’ teaching experience in schools with an international perspective
- Minimum of 3 years successful experience as a leader responsible for a large team
- Knowledge and experience of safeguarding and managing disclosures
- Fluency in English (written as well as spoken)
- Senior leadership experience
- Experience of working with the complexities of a large school
- Applicants who have the right to work in The Netherlands
- Knowledge of Dutch (written and spoken
We offer a unique opportunity at an exciting time in the development of this highly-regarded international school. The contract of employment will initially be for one year, with a view to a permanent contract if all the conditions are met. The position is based on the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement (CAO) for Secondary Education.
Deadline for applications is Monday, January 10th 2022. Short listed candidates will be interviewed as soon as possible. Please note that the school reserves the right to interview suitable applicants early and appoint a successful candidate prior to the deadline.
Please note that the school will be closed for the winter break from Wednesday 22 December 2021 - Friday 7 January 2022, and during this time all recruitment will be on hold.
Please visit our school website for more information on our application process, recruitment package, FAQs etc.
The International School of the Hague is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
To this end, the leadership team is required to conduct an oral reference check by directly contacting the current or previous employer.
Furthermore, those who are appointed at the International School of The Hague are required to obtain a Certificate of Good Conduct (in Dutch: VOG). Your appointment with The Rijnlands Lyceum Foundation takes place on condition that you obtain a VOG. Needless to say, Rijnlands will reimburse all costs in relation thereto.
The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code is applicable and can be obtained via the website.
The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic school located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty in the city of The Hague in The Netherlands (Kijkduin). The school is made up of a Prima...