Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation
About the School
Nestled in 8.3 acres of lush greenery, GEMS Modern Academy, Kochi is a new and quickly growing International school providing a world class education supported by outstanding facilities. We currently have 230 students from Pre KG to Grade 7 and will be opening for Grade 8 and 9 next academic year.
We offer exciting opportunities with our International curriculum, IB PYP in KG and Primary leading to IGCSE in the Senior School, in highly stimulating learning environments with the best of international practices, all underpinned by the GEMS Core Values.
Set on a magnificent estuary, serene Kochi has been drawing traders, explorers and travellers to its shores for over 600 years. Recently featured in the Lonely Planet as one of the Top 10 cities in the world to visit in 2020, nowhere else in India could you find such an intriguing mix: giant Chinese fishing nets, a 450-year-old synagogue, ancient mosques, Portuguese- and Dutch-era houses and the crumbling remains of the British Raj. The result is an unlikely blend of medieval Portugal and Holland and an English village grafted onto the tropical Malabar Coast.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Vice Principal and Senior School Lead to join the team. Ideally, we would like this person in post for the start of our Academic Year in May 2020.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Senior Leadership Team to support the Principal with developing the vision, values, culture, policies and practice within the School.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a dynamic, passionate, resilient and inspirational leader
- Has excellent working knowledge of the Cambridge IGCSE Curriculum
- Has the ability to plan strategically and effectively manage change
- Creates an effective, productive, and caring atmosphere where all students and staff have the opportunity to learn and grow
- Develops and supports a learning focused culture for students, staff and the community
- Fosters an environment where students and staff take ownership of their own learning
- Leads the continual development of the curriculum to ensure all learners have the right level of challenge
- Fosters a collaborative environment that supports contributive leadership from all stakeholders
- Communicates effectively with students, faculty, parents, colleagues, and the broader community
- Serves as a contributing member to the school's leadership team
To be considered for this appointment, you will require:
- A full teaching qualification;
- Track record and experience of CPD and staff recruitment;
- Relevant leadership experience of either IGCSE or the National Curriculum for England;
- Knowledge and awareness of school Strategic & Improvement Planning processes;
- Knowledge and awareness of assessment and reporting;
- Experience within curriculum development and change – preferably within an International setting;
- Exceptional communication skills.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would welcome your application.
To apply for this position please visit our Careers site and apply online (Ref: 5502). Please ensure you have uploaded an up-to-date CV, formal letter of application and recent photograph.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Important Note: GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.