At Harewood College we are committed to providing our students with an all-round experience that prepares them to be the best versions of themselves. A key element is to inspire wonder and intellectual curiosity as well as the confidence and courage to play their part as active members of our global society. We encourage them to be ambitious and strive for excellence.
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced senior leader (Vice Principal) to help us realise our vision for our students. Harewood College is dedicated to developing young men with active and creative minds, who retain a sense of compassion and respect for others whilst having the confidence and ambition to succeed as moral citizens and global workers.
An important part of college life is the integration of Olympic values and the elements of the Earth Charter into all that we do. Internationalism and Enterprise also underpin the educational experiences we offer our students.
As Vice Principal, you will be responsible for leading on aspects of Academy improvement. You will be a role model to staff and students. Colleagues will look to you for outstanding line management, challenge and support. We see a feedback culture as an essential part of school improvement. Therefore we recognise you too will also need support and challenge so that you can become the best version of yourself and we will commit to making this happen. We need someone who is committed to making a difference, a highly skilled, driven and successful school leader with a range of recent experience, ready to take on this new role at the Academy.
The successful applicant will join our ambitious and committed leadership team. This unique role will provide the right candidate the opportunity to make a significant impact on raising standards of achievement for all students across the academy.
If you have the qualities to be part of the team and to help Harewood College move forward into the next exciting phase of its development, please get in touch.
We are looking for someone:
• Who demonstrates consistently high standards of personal and professional conduct, with clear values and moral purpose which place students at the heart of all decisions.
• Who will make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the college.
• Ideally with assessment, data and outcomes experience
• Who has proven successful experience as an Assistant Vice Principal or equivalent for 2 or more years in a secondary school. (There is no expectation of experience in a boys’ only environment)
• With evidence of impact in developing and implementing strategies to effect sustainable improvements that produce high standards
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to join a thriving Academy in Bournemouth
• Ongoing, high quality professional training opportunities to support your career development within the college and the wider AIBET Trust.
• Excellent facilities and resources including arts, drama and outstanding sporting provision
Harewood College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
Visits are warmly welcomed. To book a visit, please contact Jeni Notley on 01202 726718 or email email@example.com
For further details and an application form, please visit www.avonbournetrust.org
Closing Date: 28.1.18